Gracie Barra Bjj is moving!

• 2 months later...
Hi John (and every one else at GB Sheffield)

It sounds like the club is going from strength to strength since I left. I will defiantly have to come back and check out the new building, although I do realise it’s nearly a year since I left Sheffield and I’ve not been back to visit :)

Still training up here in Newcastle though, getting ready for the Gracie Invitational, Any one from there planning on competing?

where abouts are you training in newcastle? someone on another forum was asking for recommendations for clubs in that area.

cheers

mick

where abouts are you training in newcastle? someone on another forum was asking for recommendations for clubs in that area.

cheers

mick

I train at Gracie Barra Newcastle with a Dave "Speedy" Elliott, a brown belt under Marc Walder. I might be a bit biased but think it is far and away the best club in the area, lots of different people training (15-20+ a lot of nights) lots of people compete Gi and no GI with loads of support from Dave if you are interested in that sort of thing but there are many that don't. Club is open 5 nights a week and does Gi, no gi and mma (Dave has fought a lot in mma as well as prevously as a boxer and kick boxer) and there is also a kickboxing class taught by Ingolf Nelson, former IKF Pro Full Contact Rules European Light Middleweight Champion. The clubs purple belt assistant instrcutor also runs Crossfit Newcastle and are warm ups are often based around cross fit workouts.

Archived