River through millhouses park

There is no doubt about it. I've got a mate who lives opposite the Broadfield which is a couple of miles down the road from Millhouses had he catches Trout from his back yard and you can see Trout in the river from the Bridge Inn beer garden

the chap that said he had caught rainbow trout in the sheaf i feel is incorrect, after having fished every availlable hole on the sheaf for over 30 years i have never seen nor heard of any rainbows being caught, Rainbows will only live in very clean water ie; the river wye at bakewell, the sheaf is no way near as clean as this... the only fish i have ever seen out of the sheaf are minnows sticklebacks loach bullheads and brown trout... As for the pool at the bottom of twentywell lane behind the church this has long since silted up and is now practically unfishable but if you go up river 70 yards there is a collapsed weir that is very very deep ! BEWARE... if you fish here there are plenty of good fish to be had.. other good places are if you go up twentywell lane over the two railway bridges a path cuts through the woods and leads to the river. follow the river untill you come to a large weir both above and below are excellent fishing, try turning a few stones over in the shallows and look for little tubes made from bits of stone and sticks pull them off and carefully break them open to reveal a large black headed grub (caddis fly) hook through the head and lob it in ... if you cant catch trout on these give up fishing !!!! Also have you tried the don at neepsend ? I have had brownies out up to nearly 5lbs on the fly though they do take worms hope this helps:hihi:

All the way down to the Bridge Inn at Heeley Bottom

The Bridge Inn,the only thing in there when I was a kid was old bike's,rubbish & my next door neighbour's welly's which I threw in.

A lot of the river has been cleared up by Heeley Development Trust and most of the industry has gone from the area so it is a lot cleaner than it was. There was also some major drainage work done at Abbeydale a few years ago which helped

Archived