Very very WEIRD letter! Anyone know what this is about?!

If someone is causing people distress and worry (how many posties are going to notice or warn people?) then how on earth is it not a police matter? I can can imagine elderly people worrying themselves sick about a letter like that for weeks.

I think you're right. Although I don't believe anyone is committing a crime, or that the sender is sending them out deliberately to cause distress and worry, I still think it's something the police would check up on just to make sure he's a harmless loony and not a knife-carrying one.

wo... chill people. First of all these letters are through royal mail, it's not that easy to back track snail-mail. Secondly, maybe this person is a bit off the wall but there is nothing that the police would really do. He/she is not saying anything threatening, therefore the police would say "Until this person does something illegal, there's nothing we can do".

There is no reason to get over excited about this, however if anyone has recieved a threat or anything that could be perceived as such, I would urge you to go to the authorities.

Crikey, I'm surprised to see this thread up and about again.

Sorry to hear it's still doing the rounds, it must be bugging some people and really distressing some too.

I haven't encountered anything new which might help but I wonder if consulting someone in the church might help?

OK, I was on the phone with the police a few mins ago about a different matter but I asked whilst I was on the line and the officer I spoke with asked me to e-mail it to him so I have.

I also sent it to someone within the church so with any luck someone might be able to come back with a definitive answer.

I'll let you know if I hear anything.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was i Huddersfield town centre a few weeks back. A man gave me a few copies of the picture at the bigining of the blog along with some drawings of what look like space ships.

(i haven't had time to read most of this blog)

i don't think the guy looked dangerous just a bit fat, black and rather sweaty

My boss received a very odd peice of post to his home...

The envelope had shaky handwriting on, and inside were several A6 pieces of paper; all with the same thing photocopied onto them and stapled together in sets of 3-4 in the top right corner.

Here

There was also a thin strip of paper with 01484 359418 written on.

I've tried phoning the number (cos I'm nosey) and it rang for ages with no answer.

:confused: :confused: wtf??!! :confused: :confused:

the guy who sent it to you is harmless but mad!!

He's called Martin.

He sends random pieces of literature to random people in the phone book.

:loopy::loopy:

Archived