Sheffield Felafel

callippo

is there anywhere in Sheffield where I can get a decent pitta sandwich made of chick pea or fava beans with salad, maybe a few french fries, and with a choice of toppings, served and sold promptly to eat on the street ?

what I don't want is some prat suggesting I go to an Arab / Lebanese restrauant that charges me 5 or 6.95 for something that should be about 1.50 and bears no relation whatever to street food in the Middle East.

I'm fed up with making my own felafel. You can get kebabs everywhere. Why not felafel.

is there anywhere in Sheffield where I can get a decent pitta sandwich made of chick pea or fava beans with salad, maybe a few french fries, and with a choice of toppings, served and sold promptly to eat on the street ?

what I don't want is some prat suggesting I go to an Arab / Lebanese restrauant that charges me 5 or 6.95 for something that should be about 1.50 and bears no relation whatever to street food in the Middle East.

I'm fed up with making my own felafel. You can get kebabs everywhere. Why not felafel.

Maybe you've spotted a new business venture?

I can't think of anywhere. Just like there's no rodizio restaurant in Sheff.

there was an Arab place in Fir Vale, on the junction of Skinnerthorpe Rd, that used to do reasonable, and cheap, felafel. A sandwich cost about 1.50 in around 2001.

it's definitely more difficult to get hold of than it should be. It's one the easiest fast foods to serve and costs very little to make.

Archived