Scary? Or not???

Scarey or not?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Scarey or not?

• Yes. You're right. That's one scarey hole!
    • Nope. It's about as scarey as a teletubbies handbag
    • It doesn't affect me either way.
    • Fancy early bar?

Crikey, I'm on some sort of terror-fest now googling all kinds of horror from sites about dam engineering.

Seems its officially called a 'shaft spillway'. The braver ones amongst you can google that on images and peer down one. I was just looking at the corner of the screen through my fingers when the dog barked :o nearly jumped out of my skin!

When I was a youngster, that used to be one of the places we would go for a "run out." of a weekend....

Always fascinated me and can't say I was ever scared to be honest. Mind you, either mom or dad would be holding on to my hand quite tightly all the time til we got back in the car.:)

I think Gangan had a picture of it as an avatar a while back too. Love it:thumbsup:

It would be much scarier if you were floating towards it in a little boat.

Aint never gonna happen. I won't even go on that reservoir in a boat. Don't get asked to do so a lot, as it happens...:D

But. If I did. And my boat was being deliberately :suspect: or accidentally :o steered towards that...that 'thing' then my only choice would be to jump ship and breast stroke for my little life as far away from it as possible.

See, now I'm having disturbing mental images of me swimming wildly away and the thing sucking me slowly towards it...:gag:

Archived