Scary? Or not???

Scarey or not?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Scarey or not?

• Yes. You're right. That's one scarey hole!
    • Nope. It's about as scarey as a teletubbies handbag
    • It doesn't affect me either way.
    • Fancy early bar?

but then a sudden calimity happened - one of the duckings was sucked down the big overflow hole :(

Did it bob round and round like a rubber ducky when you let the water out of the bath? Or did it just get sucked down straightaway?

I'm quite ghoulish really, aren't I? Sorry :help:

• 6 months later...

Msbehavin, I have to tell you that I find those pics scary, but for me thereis a reason why.A few years ago I had a recurring dream about that particular stretch of water.It was in a drought situation, so the holes were empty of water, I went in them with some people and it all seemed quite normal, steps leading down etc.When I got to the bottom there was a whole city made of sandstone pillars and ledges(Nothing like the village that is under a reservoir)It was like being at a Roman building, but all really well maintained.For some reason we had been taken down there as part of some research plan, and I knew that at some stage the water would come rushing in, and I'd be running away from the rising tide of it.It was a dream but it still gives me the creeps years later!

• 5 months later...

Thought I'd resurrect this thread to say that recently, in a moment of bravado and lets-see-if-we-can-cure-this I did go to the reservoir, parked up near the wall then walked round and looked over at it. Still did no good. It's creepy. I literally had to inch my way bit by bit towards the wall to peer over then jumped back. Repeated a few times till could look for a nanosecond longer but stll not comfortably. Strange, irrational and as yet I still haven't come up with a valid reason why, but looking through this thread again at the pictures I know that even confronting my fears by making myself look at it 'for real' hasn't exorcised the inexplicable dislike I have of the 'thing' !!

Archived