Why can't men settle for being friends with a woman without there having to be sex?

yes but I am looking for the exceptions here, it's nice to have the closeness without the worry of it going any further

That's the bit I dont understand. Why would it be a worry? Surely you know whether you want to go further or not, and if the answer is not, then nothing will happen, surely?

Wouldn't a woman breathe a sigh of relief if the guy did just that? She doesn't have to then second guess what type of relationship it is, and she'll settle and ease her mind on it being just friendship etc.

I remember a comment once where a guy said that he thought it's presumptious of the girl to outrightly tell the guy that she doesn't like him that way. I sometimes do that to clear the air and set the record straight from my part. It is so much easier than just pussyfooting around and have the friendship on hold. I know why I do this. I met a guy who didn't know how to read the signals, or thought that I was leading him on, and got very angry in the end, when I tried again and again to let him know that I only see him as a friend in a subtle way.

Nowadays, directness is the only policy.

Just out of interest, are you as direct if you are interested, or do you find that more difficult?

That's the bit I dont understand. Why would it be a worry? Surely you know whether you want to go further or not, and if the answer is not, then nothing will happen, surely?

well you know full well why it may be a worry, you want me to embarrass myself ?

Drunk sex can be a barrel of laughs.. and can be pretty good!

No wisdom m'dear.. simply be careful who you flirt with...

From a male perspective if you really like a girl and she is flirting with you, its very difficult not to read in to it. That doesnt excuse said males behaviour ofcourse

Its important to make it obvious you are just flirting. Otherwise you may find that you hurt their feelings.

A bit of straight talking never killed anyone if they get a bit keen... just tell em you dont like them in that way.

And you can be bad in a good way!!! :D

I don't want sex to be a barrel of laughs, I don't think comedians are sexy, I would like it to be meaningful - yes, I like to flirt but it could be dangerous in the wrong place, and I love being BAD in a good way:)

Just out of interest, are you as direct if you are interested, or do you find that more difficult?

Personally - If I like someone and I think they may like me- they bledin well know about it!!:love:

At least that way if they dont they have the option to leg it! :hihi:

Spot on Bago :thumbsup:

Sometimes the only way to let people down is the hard way. Never pleasant tho.

It's quite funny thinking back now, but I suppose we all do odd things when we're young. His way of not being interested was kicking a great big football and whacked me in my face, and not even look me in the eye to apologise for it. His friends were apologetic, whereas I was so embarrased and went to cry my guts out.

Oh young youth... :rolleyes:

I just kept thinking that I should let him down gently, but looking back in hindsight, I wished I told him to get lost from day one.

I don't want sex to be a barrel of laughs, I don't think comedians are sexy, I would like it to be meaningful - yes, I like to flirt but it could be dangerous in the wrong place, and I love being BAD in a good way:)

Ahh no I mean funny in a falling off the bed trying to take sock off kind off way... :hihi:

Not cracking a knock knock joke halfway through or suddenly producing a rubber chicken.:o

Thats just weird!!

well you know full well why it may be a worry, you want me to embarrass myself ?

No, of course I dont want to emarrass you.

If I am friends with a woman and find her attractive but I know she isn't interested, then nothing happens. I wouldn't embarrass my self by trying to change her mind. Maybe she knows, maybe she doesn't...maybe it's m.....

If I was in love, that might be different, but then that's a different thread ;)

Archived