Why can't men settle for being friends with a woman without there having to be sex?

Ahh no I mean funny in a falling off the bed trying to take sock off kind off way... :hihi:

Not cracking a knock knock joke halfway through or suddenly producing a rubber chicken.:o

Thats just weird!!

The rubber chicken has always worked for me, Roop :hihi:

Just out of interest, are you as direct if you are interested, or do you find that more difficult?

As direct? lol.

Sorry, just because I am that headstrong online and debate about things, does not mean that every area of one's life, will be approached the same way.

I find that I take a longer time to get interested. So no.. I don't always ask from day one. Hence, I think I too fall into the category of "being friends" first. Whereas, "friends" to a guy meant a potential, and "friends" sometimes means just friends to a girl....erm... ok, maybe that doesn't work. lol. Crap.

It's funny, my ex said that we should be friends. I said no. Cos I can't see him being a good friend to me. I didn't know if he meant that I was a potential, but... it's more hurtful that way too. Cos you don't know how to control your emotions. Well..so we're not friends at all.

Ahh no I mean funny in a falling off the bed trying to take sock off kind off way... :hihi:

Not cracking a knock knock joke halfway through or suddenly producing a rubber chicken.:o

Thats just weird!!

Either of the above are a no-no. I prefer it to be more intense than that, but need to be comfortable with the person I am with or I would freeze and then it's screaming time!!!

Either of the above are a no-no. I prefer it to be more intense than that, but need to be comfortable with the person I am with or I would freeze and then it's screaming time!!!

Of course you have to be comfortable with the person you are with... otherwise what are you doing in bed with them?

I disagree, sex can be fun, its emotional bonding that is serious and no sex is required for that. That can be done simply by the look in someones eyes.

Of course you have to be comfortable with the person you are with... otherwise what are you doing in bed with them?

I disagree, sex can be fun, its emotional bonding that is serious and no sex is required for that. That can be done simply by the look in someones eyes.

Well said:thumbsup:

I think this takes time? So..it kind of throws out the idea that, guys don't need to be friends first, whereas girls needs to be friends first etc etc...

if it's the first time you are with that person there is a good chance you might not be comfortable, sometimes nervousness can happen suddenly, and the woman doesn't have a programme, doesn't know what is coming next, and in her head may have to make plans to get out of the situation, sometimes it's not always hunky-dory, everything going to plan, sometimes you might want to escape, the look in someone's eyes can't really tell you much the person can put that on,- are you giving me a male point of view or a female one?

OK...the op was can men be friends with a woman without having sex, and I think you resounding answer is yes. However, it is also posible to find a femail friend attractive and still not make a problem of it. Therefor, another question to ask is:

If you have a femail friend, and you find her attractive, should you let her know or should you bite your tongue?

OK...the op was can men be friends with a woman without having sex, and I think you resounding answer is yes. However, it is also posible to find a femail friend attractive and still not make a problem of it. Therefor, another question to ask is:

If you have a femail friend, and you find her attractive, should you let her know or should you bite your tongue?

well as I don't know who your female friends are I shall have to go off my own thread - why don't you start one of your own for a change

Archived