Why can't men settle for being friends with a woman without there having to be sex?

Why can't men settle for being friends with a woman without there having to be sex?

Some can. I have a platonic relationship with my ex. We are friends. There will never be any sex between us again. No chemistry. But we enjoy a laugh together, like the same music, just like friends would.

BUT my current partner judges all men by his standards and whilst he trusts me he still thinks my ex has ulterior motives.

TBH I think most partners would be that situation.

well Joe, I have been waiting all day for some of your opinions, if you are not going to give them shall we close the thread?

All I will say, Cressida, is to point you at the words of that great moral, ethical and social philsopher of the 1950s and 1960s, Ricky Nelson, who quoted Alexander Pope when he sang :

"Fools rush in, where angels fear to tread"

And that is all I will say on this issue.

All I will say, Cressida, is to point you at the words of that great moral, ethical and social philsopher of the 1950s and 1960s, Ricky Nelson, who quoted Alexander Pope when he sang :

"Fools rush in, where angels fear to tread"

And that is all I will say on this issue.

Oh Joe, Ricky Nelson had such romantic looks, probably too soft for me, are you angry with me I can sense something

Oh Joe, Ricky Nelson had such romantic looks, probably too soft for me, are you angry with me I can sense something

Nah...you're not in my bad books but there are certain threads that the wise Moderator avoids posting on except in an official capacity.

And this is one of them.

Archived