Why can't men settle for being friends with a woman without there having to be sex?

mainly because men are men, we have hormones in our body that tell us to mate, just like women have hormones in their body’s to say you want kids..

Friends are long term friends, friends aren't easily come across, friend is somebody you've known for a long time and have always been friends.

How long have you known your friend, and you must have put some signal across for him to think otherwise

No they either tell me after a week or two or I can sense it, I am really missing men as friends

I have more female friends than male ones and I havent tried to bed any of them.

For ages now...

Seriously, Once Ive known a woman for more than a few weeks she stops being a potential sex object to me and becomes like a sister, the thought of bedding her makes my skin crawl. I assume its the same for all blokes.

I find it quite easy to be friends with men without sex being involved, are there many men who can do the same without sex "rearing its head" or becoming an issue?

If a person meets someone that they like, and they find them attractive, then why shouldn't they raise the prospect of sex? Isn't it natural? :huh:

I seem to get on better with blokes, maybe thats cos while I was at school the only people that didn't bully me were theboys :rolleyes: its the same, even now, I'd prefer a conversation with a bloke about normal things than another woman but hey I'm not allowed male mates anymore

Hi, I think it all boils down to chemistry v respect. I have female friends from years ago, they have their own relationships and I have my own long term relationship. The female friends are just like sisters to me, and I a brother to them, we are there for each other to help get through the bad times. before I was in my long term relationship, I will admit that I used to think what it would be like to have sex with them, and would it be worth losing their friendship for a romp in the bed. Thankfully sense and a deep respect for my female friends won over and I have friends who I can mutually confide in. I have had a couple of them ask me the same thing that Medusa said

medusa I've got lots of male friends who have never been partners and who never will be. None of them have ever made me feel uncomfortable or pressurised with the sex thing- maybe I'm just unattractive enough for none of them to fancy me?
I told them Hell yes I fancied them, but I valued their friendship more than the sex thing. And now that I am in a very loving long term relationship, romps between the sheets with them or any other female are definitely out of the question.

Archived