Why can't men settle for being friends with a woman without there having to be sex?

Whilst I've known a few guys who couldn't be left alone in a room with a women without making a very clumsy pass at them most guys I know are quite capable of being friends with women without wanting or doing anything to try and initiate sex.

I've got a fair few female friends myself and as someone very happy to be in a monogamous relationship far from chasing them for sex have actually rebuffed drunken overtures from a few of them in the past.

the clumsy guys should get together with the drunken women. I hope you continue in your happy relationship - very refreshing

it happened twice and both were fairly close - one was last year of school and she then went off and married the boy next door.

the other was a family friend who did all but stcik it in for me.so you could call that encouragement i s'pose.

buddies would be okay with me.

when can we start??

she can't have been very intelligent not to know that her actions would be off-putting.

As for your last paragraph - NICE:)

I find it quite easy to be friends with men without sex being involved, are there many men who can do the same without sex "rearing its head" or becoming an issue?

i can, in fact my experience has been the opposite (not to deny the validity of your point) - it was the woman who wanted sex...

i have several women friends and though they are very attractive they dont do it for me if you get my drift so theres no way i would ever think about them in any other way than friends. Cause not all men want to bonk anything with a pulse some of us do have morals

only way men look at women as friends is if they are ugly :D

umm there is some truth in that fearful as it is, but I am an optimist and like to think there are some men who are strong-willed enough to maintain a platonic relationship

I find it quite easy to be friends with men without sex being involved, are there many men who can do the same without sex "rearing its head" or becoming an issue?

Presumably every man you're friends with without sex being involved is reciprocating.

So doesn't that answer your own question?

i have several women friends and though they are very attractive they dont do it for me if you get my drift so theres no way i would ever think about them in any other way than friends. Cause not all men want to bonk anything with a pulse some of us do have morals

well that's very refreshing too:thumbsup:

I second that - have had a number of what i would class as attractive female friends in the past.

And although initially there may simply the physical "Bledin hell!" factor I managed to completely resist the urge to make a pass at any of them. Sometime in a relationship, sometimes not, not my type or simply dont view me in that way.

Alcohol doesnt help (esp if you are both drunk) and can result in people saying (or doing) stupid things. But you still know what is going on and I can think of at least a couple of occasions where I have got smashed slept in the company of a female friend and still not tried to have sex with them.

Dont get me wrong Im no angel, :twisted:. But Im only bad to the right person.... :D

Archived