Why can't men settle for being friends with a woman without there having to be sex?

I do consider myself a nice person i try to do what i think is right an treat everybody fairly and honestly

as for attractive i`m just an average looking guy so attraction i guess is in the eye of the beholder ( but am not posting photo you might laugh)

I would never laugh at anyone, and I think intelligence is the most seductive quality anyway, and maturity

I`m 46 but if i ever lose the urge not to make love with the right person then pass me the gun and i`ll gladly pull the trigger

I was talking to someone last night about similar things on similar lines. The illusion is shattered for most females today. I don't know, I've had a lot of male friends over the years that I get along with, and some I have kept my distance due to the fact that their OH may not like it. I think most male that can see female friends as friends do remain friends?

Surely a woman would be mortally offended if you told her she was totally unattractive, and you only wanted to see her as a colleague?

Most people like to think that they hold at least vestigal attraction to other people.

Surely a woman would be mortally offended if you told her she was totally unattractive, and you only wanted to see her as a colleague?

Most people like to think that they hold at least vestigal attraction to other people.

If you are true friends then these are the issues you talk about then both people know where they stand. The women i know get hit on by other blokes so dont need me to bolster their self esteme thats why we are friends

ruby stop it you`re making me blush i thought you wanted to be platonic i dont know some women change they`re mind at the mention of a tub lol

Lol Kryten, I've never said that. Even Plato and myself would have been more than just friends ;)

This is cressida's thread ... I'm a total flirt, I'm ashamed to say :love:

Wouldn't a woman breathe a sigh of relief if the guy did just that? She doesn't have to then second guess what type of relationship it is, and she'll settle and ease her mind on it being just friendship etc.

I remember a comment once where a guy said that he thought it's presumptious of the girl to outrightly tell the guy that she doesn't like him that way. I sometimes do that to clear the air and set the record straight from my part. It is so much easier than just pussyfooting around and have the friendship on hold. I know why I do this. I met a guy who didn't know how to read the signals, or thought that I was leading him on, and got very angry in the end, when I tried again and again to let him know that I only see him as a friend in a subtle way.

Nowadays, directness is the only policy.

If you are drunk why bother to have sex anyway, it can't be any good - or can it (for some it must be impossible)

Bad to the right person, bad to the wrong person - surely? Have you any wisdom to impart after all those experiences?:)

Drunk sex can be a barrel of laughs.. and can be pretty good!

No wisdom m'dear.. simply be careful who you flirt with...

From a male perspective if you really like a girl and she is flirting with you, its very difficult not to read in to it. That doesnt excuse said males behaviour ofcourse

Its important to make it obvious you are just flirting. Otherwise you may find that you hurt their feelings.

A bit of straight talking never killed anyone if they get a bit keen... just tell em you dont like them in that way.

And you can be bad in a good way!!! :D

Archived