Anyone Come From Shirecliffe

it was jack ingram who was on the commitee at southey club and that was my dad my aunt lillian who lived on herries road got killed on the crossing near the arches

Hi again, my wifes uncle was steward at Southey Club for quite a while, Ted Robinson, my wife also worked behind the bar before we had our own pubs.

Hi again, my wifes uncle was steward at Southey Club for quite a while, Ted Robinson, my wife also worked behind the bar before we had our own pubs.

irene and ted and arlene was good friends with us my sister jane bless her worked behind the bar for years but she died age 39 maybe you knew her can you reveal your name

irene and ted and arlene was good friends with us my sister jane bless her worked behind the bar for years but she died age 39 maybe you knew her can you reveal your name

My wife says she remembers working with Jane behind the bar, sorry to here she has passed away, my name is Terry and the wife Josie, we used to have the Timbertop.

My wife says she remembers working with Jane behind the bar, sorry to here she has passed away, my name is Terry and the wife Josie, we used to have the Timbertop.

cant put a picture to you two but my memory is not good at moment what year was that i havent been in there for a long time

Hi Skippy

its not me who needs glasses I wrote Terry Bedell,Yeh I new Dave Futter he lived on Musgrave Place just above Dennis Hayward who had D&D tyres at handsworth with Dave Stewart who lived just below you on Shirecliffe Rd,(Eger wallace or king wellow)also lived near you.Anybody remember Janet Rodgers she lived on Boynton,her parents died in an accident,she lived opposite Barry Naylor and near eilleen cunningham well Janet has done very well for herself and is now retired and is married to a Sheffield councillor.I lived over the back of Amoses garden and their sister elsie lived two doors from me at Oughtibridge.Yeh Georgie lill always drove an imaginary bus when he was young,very good on the brakes!! remember his older brother who was in the navy,Iknew Maureen Cottingham.Who remembers Mrs King what would we have done without her,no drainpipe trousers no cut down clothes,God she kept most of us dressed at one time or another.

Hi bullerboY

Elsie Amos is my aunt and i remember her and my Mum mentioning a lot of the people you've talked about, i vaguely recall some of them myself.

I lived on Crumpsall rd from 1946 to64 and went to Longley juniors and Shirecliffe secondary the teachers were Mr Green(herman the german) sexy Mrs Brennan,Miss may, crafty dean,Langston,Alf & bill Thomas,Mr Craig Mr Smith,miss Woodvine,Mr Molynue(bullet)Valentine,Miss Rose,Staley,Mr Wragg,Wostenholme,Sidall,Ena****.Shirecliffe in those days was brilliant,the meadows was something else we could have taught the S.A.S a thing or two.The muckhills were where all the ash was dumped from the power station,we spent hours digging tunnels in them.Anyone remeber Ivan from the graveyard,one day he scared us all to death hed been asleep in a grave and heard us lot and got out,god yerv never seen us run so fast.Yes,the coke tip ,me and my mother used to push an old barrow down there in all weathers on a Saturday morning to pick cawks,thats when we had winters it took us nearly an hour to walk home and she would be crying with the cold,that was after five twelve hour shifts as a buffer while my dad was in the pub,devonshire or arches.I must know some of you out there,I used to have a two blues Triumph which I used to ride like a looney and hung around with Terry bedell,Dave Cooper,Tommy Powell,Francis Briggs,Ann Storey Rosie Boardman,Maureen Davitt,Johnie Creek.Happy days,sometimes!!

I am rosie boardman I left Shirecliffe in 1957 I only remember Frances Briggs, Ann Storey and Maureen Davitt I went to live in Ireland where my mother was from. I went to longley school and also remember going over the meadows and when my dad found out I got a good thump.

Nuttalls had the Victoria in Grimesthorpe before they took the Fortyfoot. I went to school with their son Terry and new him quite well. He would probably be about 63 or 64 now I would think. I didn't know that they had a son called Jeremy. They had two little girls but one died when she was only a baby. The other ones name was Kim I think but I'm not sure.

Dors.

I remember Kim, she went to oakwood collegiate school on norwood road, up to the age of 11, me too,

• 1 month later...
Hi :wave: my wife's family moved into that house when your family left, the Robinsons, children, Jimmy, Josephine and John.

Hey TFishcake - are you still there? I now have several Shirecliffe school photos that I'm sure Jose would like to see - plus she may be able to help in identifying a few of the people on them. How can I e-mail the pics to you? Is there any way you can provide me with your e-mail address (is it safe to give your actual e-mail address on this forum?).

Regards,

Ruswis.