Anyone Come From Shirecliffe

Flo was my Mom, a regular at the Dev, in fact she worked there washing glasses for a while, my name is Lilian Lockwood, I moved away [ overseas]

many years ago, I also played in the woods a nd seven ? ponds

My Dad Tom was the car park guy at the forum, he used to have a fire in an old can, I thought at the time that was a big deal. hi Frank

I don't suppose Flo was a good friend of Gert Fowlers was she?

Flo was my Mom, a regular at the Dev, in fact she worked there washing glasses for a while, my name is Lilian Lockwood, I moved away [ overseas]

many years ago, I also played in the woods a nd seven ? ponds

My Dad Tom was the car park guy at the forum, he used to have a fire in an old can, I thought at the time that was a big deal. hi Frank

Hallo Lily. Nice to see you found this forum & posted a reply so quitley. I'm sure you will get plenty of threads of interest on here. Unlike you i'm not a shirecliffe guy but did live on the est for a number of yrs. Have you red the previous pagers & threads, theres plentie of names i'm sure you'll know?.

Keep threading it will bring back some good memorise & times you had

here.

love frank x.

i have heard the name fowlers, don.t know if my Mam sat with them in Dev...she sat with two sisters , they may have been twins, they were all small , they all wore head scarfes, they were good friends of my mams, But I am bad with names.

My Dad Tom, was also the local window washer, carrying a big heavy ladder around the estate , till he could not do it amy more.

And before that he [ I was very young]

he worked for my uncle selling fruit and veg, from a horse and cart...I remeber that but a bit vaugue.

I am Lily Lockwood, I know many of these names on these pages, lived on Boynton Crescent, my brother is Tom lockwood, sister was Sheila.

I had a brother Albert who died at 11 years old.

some names I know , Middletons, Straws, Pearsons,Stewarts , Kershaws [ almost family to me]

Jud Mills, was a close friend to my brother,Rileys,ThompsonsHowarths , these lived on the crescent , except for Jud mills.

Any one remember buying home made toffee , and apples from a woman about two streets from me, they were the best,[ treacle toffee. I can see it but can not rember her name or street...

i have heard the name fowlers, don.t know if my Mam sat with them in Dev...she sat with two sisters , they may have been twins, they were all small , they all wore head scarfes, they were good friends of my mams, But I am bad with names.

My Dad Tom, was also the local window washer, carrying a big heavy ladder around the estate , till he could not do it amy more.

And before that he [ I was very young]

he worked for my uncle selling fruit and veg, from a horse and cart...I remeber that but a bit vaugue.

I'll have to ask my mum.

My mum lived on Musgrave Cres, my grandad was the local postman (Fred Scott). Gert was a good friend of my Grans (Edith Scott) and years after both my Grand Parents had passed away my mum kept in contact with Gert Fowler who used to come up to our house for Christmas Dinner (mid nineties) and she started bringing her friend Flo who also came for a few years. Flo must have been in her nineties at the time.

I'll have to ask my mum.

My mum lived on Musgrave Cres, my grandad was the local postman (Fred Scott). Gert was a good friend of my Grans (Edith Scott) and years after both my Grand Parents had passed away my mum kept in contact with Gert Fowler who used to come up to our house for Christmas Dinner (mid nineties) and she started bringing her friend Flo who also came for a few years. Flo must have been in her nineties at the time.

Im Lily's brothe in law, 4 to 5 yrs older, you mention a Flo in your thread this flo would't be the same one related to us, our flo died in 1986.

Im Lily's brothe in law, 4 to 5 yrs older, you mention a Flo in your thread this flo would't be the same one related to us, our flo died in 1986.

Thanks for clearing that up, I spent many a weekend up at my granddads in the late 70's and 80's and have fond memories of Shirecliffe.

Sam lived about 10 houses down from me and married a girl I used to go to Shirecliffe school with, can't remember her name now though, you must have lived there when I did, as I moved to no 61 in 1955 aged 12, and moved in 65 when I got married.

I used to knock around with Mick Cunningham who's grandparent's and uncle Sonny lived next door to you, Sonny and Sam were good mates back then, Fred Thompson lived on the other side of you from memory.

sams wife is called vivien.

fred thompson died about two years ago

myuncle jim sadler married fred thompsons sister joyce

youmust have lived near the makeys

the dip in the road has gone now and the first wood

there is a brand new school there now

Hi Suesher, the Makey's moved in next door to us after the Kelly gang moved away, I visited the old neighbourhood in 92 and didn't think much to it, Peter M and his family had moved into his grandparents house at that time.

I've seen the area on Google maps, it's no longer the place I remember, do you remember Christine, Diane, and ? Mills, they lived with their grandparents about 7 houses from you, other names I recall are the Mulcrones, Siddalls, Fletcher.

Yes Vivian, she often wore hooded tops before they became fashionable, how is she and Sam?