Anyone Come From Shirecliffe

His name was John Lee. He lived on Longley Ave West - opposite Musgrave Drive He lived next dooe to John Gee.

I believe he left the police force.

Thanks for that mate, you probably remember a Tony Lister who lived in that area too, fancied himself as a drummer at one time.

I knew I used to go to someones place in the drive, but I couldn't think who until now, thanks for the info, there was a bloke who lived around the corner on Shirecliffe Road, everyone called him Dollar, it was the house before the wood, any idea what his real name was ?

I Have Lived On Shirecliffe All My Life Does Anyone Else Come From The Area ?

I was born there in 1945,lived on Miles Road,went to Longley infants school,moved from Sirecliffe in 1952.Can remember a few of my friends from there.

I knew I used to go to someones place in the drive, but I couldn't think who until now, thanks for the info, there was a bloke who lived around the corner on Shirecliffe Road, everyone called him Dollar, it was the house before the wood, any idea what his real name was ?

Sorry Skippy, you got me on that one.

My name is Ray Stocks,lived opposite Standish. I remember Roger Johnson,Alf Currie,Peter and Marlene Clarkson,Mavis Travis,Barbara Pilling. I remember Gillots Kents.

Pete Butler,I will remember a few more if my memory was jogged a little.Used to go to Forum every Saturday morning.

• 9 months later...
Who could forget egar Wallace, only spent 3 days at school one year, he spent all his time at a piggery on the Meadows, I saw him years later in the Sicey pub after they had moved over that way.

Don't remember a Dave Stewart, but there was a bloke in that area that had a Talisman twin motorcycle, would that have been him.

There was a bloke called Bedall who knocked about with a Terry Fletcher from Boynton, who was a couple of years older than me, I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong.

What year did you leave school ?

I'm the guy who had the Talisman twin, John Creek my name, brothers called Tom and Harry. What's your name?