Anyone Come From Shirecliffe

This was at the crest of the hill at Cookswood road - Shirecliffe Lane, I did a bit of research, if I can find it, there should be bits of info out there on the web.

According to Jeff Knaggs site Sir Henry Edmund Watson died 1901 age 85

anyone remember Ted Nutthall ,tennent from it's opening in 61

Me and my friend used to hang around with Jeremy Nuthall when we were kids so I gather that Ted was his Dad as Jeremy lived in the forty foot as well.

I used to live on Adkins Road which was behind the forty foot then in 1975 we moved to Standish Close up near the Timbertop. My parents still live there now but are thinking of selling up.

Me and my friend used to hang around with Jeremy Nuthall when we were kids so I gather that Ted was his Dad as Jeremy lived in the forty foot as well.

I used to live on Adkins Road which was behind the forty foot then in 1975 we moved to Standish Close up near the Timbertop. My parents still live there now but are thinking of selling up.

Nuttalls had the Victoria in Grimesthorpe before they took the Fortyfoot. I went to school with their son Terry and new him quite well. He would probably be about 63 or 64 now I would think. I didn't know that they had a son called Jeremy. They had two little girls but one died when she was only a baby. The other ones name was Kim I think but I'm not sure.

Dors.

Hi everybody, my grandad and grandmother used to live at no 1 Teynham Drive-George and Ivy Pearson. I was born there in 1953 my mother was Florence (sadly passed away on October 1st this year). My uncle is George Pearson and my aunt is Pauline both still living but unwell. I can remember lady with only one leg she used to get about with the aid of a crutch but I can't remember her name. I can recall a Carol Roney she was a friend of my Aunty Pauline. Used to work witha lad called Lol Bloomingstock (I think thats how they spell it) at Welded Alloys and Stainless Products opposite Wednesday's ground in the early 70's also a tall lad called Phil Hammond off Longley Avenue.

Hi :wave: my wife's family moved into that house when your family left, the Robinsons, children, Jimmy, Josephine and John.

Nuttalls had the Victoria in Grimesthorpe before they took the Fortyfoot. I went to school with their son Terry and new him quite well. He would probably be about 63 or 64 now I would think. I didn't know that they had a son called Jeremy. They had two little girls but one died when she was only a baby. The other ones name was Kim I think but I'm not sure.

Dors.

you get about a bit dors,i remember that name terry nuttall.try and wrack your brain you2 and find me the name of barbara steveson hubbie then i can ask on this thread.you havent much else to do now your retired.:lol::lol:

My Mum lived on Boyton Rd, right at the top in the key hole, she was one of seven they were called Amos.

I remember them, Georgie Lill lived in the keyhole part too, I lived next to the corner of Boynton & Shirecliffe Rd, she would probably remember the Cunninghams, Sidalls, & Mills families.