Anyone Come From Shirecliffe

i went to shirecliffe nursery through to senior school i can remember mr robinson as the head of the senior school when i mwas there and mrs steeples would love to find my old school friends i will name a few i can remember linda howard david hutley micheal smout jacqueline rastrick eric robinson i lived on herries road with my gran if these names ring a bell to anyone let me no thank you

Hi Lyn

Are you Lyn Edwards as on friends reunited. If so, I've only just found this site & looking at your comments, I'm sure I must know you.

We share the same teachers & apparantly knew the same people.

Linda Howard died some years ogo & Linda Crookes also died earlier this year (2008).

I fell in love with jackie Rastrick when I was about 12.

A few of us hold regular meetings at the Carbrook hall pub on Attercliffe Road. Those attending are Maureen Jameson, Ellen Collier, Derick Plant, Colin Stagg, Tony Ball, Roger Starkes, John Hoing, Albert kershaw, Dave Thompson, Cath Chapman, Sue Dyson, Kieth Robinson, Kieth Corbett, Tony Damms, even Clive Sanderson has turned up a couple of times.

sorry ronnie my name was linda holden u have shocked me cos both lindas was my friends but me and jackie was always together i used to go to her house often i know most of the names u have added i lived on herries road with my gran i would love to come to carbrook hall but im not used to comin to meetings and goin to strange places even tho i would love to see u all does david hutley go as he nknows me quite well let me no when the next one is and i will see if i can pluck up courage lol

i went to shirecliffe nursery through to senior school i can remember mr robinson as the head of the senior school when i mwas there and mrs steeples would love to find my old school friends i will name a few i can remember linda howard david hutley micheal smout jacqueline rastrick eric robinson i lived on herries road with my gran if these names ring a bell to anyone let me no thank you

Hi Lyn - received your reply - I'm afraid I am the bearer of more bad news. I believe Dave Hutley also died quite a few years ago, I think from a heart attack.

If you want to join us at one of our 'get togethers' you are most welcome. I'll keep you updated on the next meeting date.

Ronnie

I will keep you informed as to the next meeting as soon as I know. Partners are welcome to come along. Colin Stagg always brings his partner as does Kieth Robinson & Albert Kershaw. If you are touch with anyone else from school, please let them know also.

Regards

Ronnie

• 2 weeks later...

i lived in five archeas pub from 1955 to 66.

I knew your parents well John in the late 50's early 60's, named after your dad was you ? he barred me a few times, but your mother stuck up for me and he gave in, we had great times in there.

• 2 weeks later...