SkyDiving - Places to do it near Sheffield?

I did a static line jump from Hibaldstow near Scunthorpe a few years ago and they do video you but only from the plane - I guess you'd pay a lot more to have someone float down beside you and film your cheesy smile and thumbs up signs all the way to the deck? They don't seem to offer the round chute anymore (very stable but not very manoeverable (?) so I guess you'd go for the RAPS course (Ram Air Parachute System?) - square chutes that look like paragliders. wibbles is right - more info about Hibaldstow at ... DOH! I've just seen they don't video the RAPS jumps ... http://www.tandemjump.co.uk/hib-info.html maybe you could try the advanced freefall ???

A friend of mine did a tandem job earlier this year which was videoed. From the look on her face as she got ready to jump...I'm not sure I'd try it. The video was also as running as she was hurtling towards earth (not just in the plane) Somewhere in Nottingham - Langdon (or something like that?) Airport/strip - it a forces base apparently and the Red Devils were involved. It was charity but I'm sure they also take paying customers. Hope that is even slightly helpful...

Originally posted by spinac

I did a static line jump from Hibaldstow near Scunthorpe a few years ago and they do video you but only from the plane - I guess you'd pay a lot more to have someone float down beside you and film your cheesy smile and thumbs up signs all the way to the deck? They don't seem to offer the round chute anymore (very stable but not very manoeverable (?) so I guess you'd go for the RAPS course (Ram Air Parachute System?) - square chutes that look like paragliders. wibbles is right - more info about Hibaldstow at ... DOH! I've just seen they don't video the RAPS jumps ... http://www.tandemjump.co.uk/hib-info.html maybe you could try the advanced freefall ???

Apparantly with the RAPS course you can do subsequent jumps at only 30 quid each ... and it's a progression ... where (I assume) eventually you can jump solo.

Solo free-fall ... mmm *dreams* ...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived