The end is near for The Yorkshire Grey Pub..

Andy C

Should the Yorkshire Grey be demolished?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Yorkshire Grey be demolished?

• Pull it down
    • Don't pull it down

Originally posted by Umeeksk

Apart from the Fat Cat, Devonshire Cat, Red Deer, Red Lion, Kelham Island Tavern, Dog and Partridge, Norfolk Arms, Bath Hotel... ;)

I don't think so!

Personally, I'm still holding out some vague hope of the Grey moving into custom-built premises in the new development - the Dev Cat is in the ground floor retail unit of a new-build UNITE hall of residence, but is still one of the best pubs I've ever visited. :)

Great beer at the Dev Cat :0)

It seems that councils will not be content until all our cities across the UK look exactly the same with those stalinist high rises and bland flats marching across the landscape.

There is precious little character left in our cities and maybe it was only a Victorian pub but at least it looked different to all the buildings around it.

This seems to me, to be defeating the point of city centre regeneration - demolishing a perfectly good building and successful business, when literally across the road there are derelict* factories and warehouses and dark, dingy back streets which are crying out for demolition and replacing with something more useful and interesting.

It all seems a bit backwards - I would imagine the reason being that a tower block 50 yards closer to the city centre is worth £millions more.

* I think some may have businesses in, but from the outside they look derelict

Archived