The end is near for The Yorkshire Grey Pub..

Andy C

Should the Yorkshire Grey be demolished?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Yorkshire Grey be demolished?

• Pull it down
    • Don't pull it down

Originally posted by ceridwen1977

May be it was orginally built in 1833 but then was rebuilt in the 1920s or done up or something - in that way we can all be right

Surely that must make it old enough to be a listed building ?

I dunno who said that it wasnt a nice building.. but IMO it is. I cant say Ive ever been drinking in there, and I dont plan to start to be honest! But its certainly not a blot on the landscape like most of the "heart of the city" planned buildings are. I dunno who they employed to design them but whoever it is has no imagination whatsoever!

I think it's a real shame that they're trying to pull the Yorkshire Grey down - on the outside it may look a bit ropey, but it's actually ok inside! We've only just discovered it as a decent post-Blades match pub (well, I say discovered, obviously we've always known it's there, but never really gone in before!)

Surely any pub (apart from Berlin's) being knocked down for a car park is a bad thing?

Originally posted by bigrods

I think it's a real shame that they're trying to pull the Yorkshire Grey down - on the outside it may look a bit ropey, but it's actually ok inside! We've only just discovered it as a decent post-Blades match pub (well, I say discovered, obviously we've always known it's there, but never really gone in before!)

Surely any pub (apart from Berlin's) being knocked down for a car park is a bad thing?

Yeah. especially when it completely contradicts the Council's long running anti car policies in the City Centre.... But meh, when there's pound notes at stake, the Council seem to forget their own policies :rolleyes::loopy:

This CPO is typical of the bullying tactics of the Sheffield **itty Council

They will resort to anything to achieve their goals while trampeling over everything or anyone in their path

For the person who wanted to know what a CPO is, it is a

compulsary purchase order... that the court can order

Archived