The end is near for The Yorkshire Grey Pub..

Andy C

Should the Yorkshire Grey be demolished?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Yorkshire Grey be demolished?

• Pull it down
    • Don't pull it down

It's not as simple as that. No single organisation owns all these bits of land that you refer to, and sites are developed in isolation as a rule.

The car park on the Yorkshire Grey will serve the St Paul's Place development, and as such, needs to be adjacent to it, not a few hundred yards away.

Originally posted by sccsux

Get 6 signatures from adults on paper, then crash the next council meeting - they are obliged (by law) to hear & respond to your petition!

Either that, or occupy the council offices ;-)

I don't think I've ever been inside the old town hall, are there any public bits you can vist just for a look around ?

Originally posted by Dick Dastardly

How difficult can it be to apply for a CPO to evict the business from the land the council wants to purchase?! :rolleyes:

Very. There is no justification for CPO'ing land just so you don't have to knock down the Yorkshire Grey. The courts would have a field day.

Originally posted by sccsux

Get 6 signatures from adults on paper, then crash the next council meeting - they are obliged (by law) to hear & respond to your petition!

Either that, or occupy the council offices ;-)

Why??? What's so special about it that warrants it being saved??

Its a run of the mill town centre pub..end of. Its of no historic significance nor is it especially visually appealing. Its not a hub of activity either so personally I don't reckon it'll be missed. Its not like there isn't much other choice in the city centre anyway. You'd think the Queen was born there and there wasn't a pub within 10 miles the way some people are going on about it.

Originally posted by wibbles

Why??? What's so special about it that warrants it being saved??

Its a run of the mill town centre pub..end of. Its of no historic significance nor is it especially visually appealing. Its not a hub of activity either so personally I don't reckon it'll be missed. Its not like there isn't much other choice in the city centre anyway. You'd think the Queen was born there and there wasn't a pub within 10 miles the way some people are going on about it.

It's an old building and it should be protected. I know it's not listed or anything like that, but the building adds character to seemingly bland buildings around it and should be saved. How many more buildings are going to be pulled down so developers can erect a bland structures in their place. Besides, it is proposed that the Yorkshire Grey will be replaced by a car park (not at all a blot on the landscape is it?!)

Archived