The end is near for The Yorkshire Grey Pub..

Andy C

Should the Yorkshire Grey be demolished?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Yorkshire Grey be demolished?

• Pull it down
    • Don't pull it down

• 6 months later...

Seem to remember the land lady a few years ago said she wanted to make some alterations to it but wasn't allowed because it was a protected building, now they're demolishing it!

You've got to love the local council haven't you...

Only in Sheffeld, could they allow such a building to be demolished to make way for a car park. That particular building is an oasis, in a sea of concrete, litter, glass, chavs and other assorted mediocrity. Shame shame.

Guest NicolaE

Are they still definatly knocking it down? cos I heard that they were years ago but if they were you'd have thought they'd have done it when they bulldozed the wedding cake?

Also, are they still knocking down the area around the Casbah or has that been scrapped?

I've heard the Yorkshire Grey has a slight stay of execution, will probably stay open until about September I'm guessing.

Casbah area is to be flattened to make way for new retail quarter development, no idea when it'll happen though. Guess a lot of legal stuff has to be got through first.

its only grade 2 listed and councils can demolish grade 2 listed buildings as long as they get a compulasary purchase order afaik

Archived