The end is near for The Yorkshire Grey Pub..

Andy C

Should the Yorkshire Grey be demolished?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Yorkshire Grey be demolished?

• Pull it down
    • Don't pull it down

Obviously there's no room in our new 24 hour, 21st century heart of the city for a real pub. Much better to have faceless, lifeless office blocks, hotels and car parks.

We desperatly need three new hotels, so that visitors can come to our city. Except that they won't know what to do when they get here, because that bunch of clowns in the town hall are plotting to close down the visitor information centre.

Come on here, Jan Wilson, and defend yourself.

Why can't they do as they do in America and build an underground car park?

Although it would cost more to build, it means we could keep one attraction that is going to encourage more visitors than a car park would.

Perhaps the car park is for all the new tourists Sheffield isn't going to get, or is a convenient new public lavatory and sh*gging area for clubbers.

Originally posted by alchresearch

So they're trying to keep cars out of the city but decide to build a car park to invite more in?

Seems a bit odd that doesn't it? Not to mention a complete contradiction of what the Labour-run Council want us to do....

Typical Labour "do as we do, not as we say" policies.... Muppets.

Do the hotels we already have get full? There are 4 large ones(ohh) i know of in town and do most not do deals at weekends to try to encourage people to come here? Think i would prefer a nice little b&b in peaks somewhere.

Why do people come to Sheffield? Is it Meadowhell? I live here and like it, but most people i know come over to visit people not for the city. It's not like York or Lincoln is it?

Is another hotel needed?

Originally posted by alchresearch

The hotels won't be full if all tourists have to look at is car parks!

Come on, you know there's more to our city than that. They can also look at office blocks, other hotels and appartments.

If they want to, they can go shopping at Meadowhall, which has exactly the same shops as where ever they came from...

Sadly, if the council get their way and close the tourist office, there will be nobody to tell them of the delights out city can offer.

Once again, I invite Jan Wilson to come on here and defend her council.

Originally posted by 1Man&hisBMW

She probably would if you bung a few hundred quid in council coffers

1Man&HisBMW

Why do you keep saying that the council will do anything for developers if they "bung" the council? Do you have any experience of such alleged corruption?

Originally posted by Andy

Sadly, if the council get their way and close the tourist office, there will be nobody to tell them of the delights out city can offer.

I've already answered this one but here we go again. The plan is to close the current office and open 2 in places where tourists actually go:

Millenium Gardens

Meadowhall

OK?

Hotel users tend not to be tourists but are more likely to be here for the hotel facilities as they are geared towards conferences.

Archived