The end is near for The Yorkshire Grey Pub..

Andy C

Should the Yorkshire Grey be demolished?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Yorkshire Grey be demolished?

• Pull it down
    • Don't pull it down

Originally posted by theimposter

The Washington went bad went good last year and now appears to be bad again. I dont know how they keep running out of beer.

It's really simple. When you don't pay your suppliers they stop delivering beer.

Guest NicolaE

I'm not convinced the the Yorkshire Grey is being knocked down, someone I know's recently moved in upstairs and is the new assistant manager apparently...

Washington's always been reasonably full when I've been in, I think they've not had any vodka once though so god knows whats going on!

I spoke to the staff at the start of the year and it was def going ahead. They were being moved to other pubs in the chain. I think that there has been some sort of delay in the work and therefore its going to be demoilished later than was originally thought.

• 1 month later...

is the yourkshire grey still goin to be demolished to make way for the multi story car park for st pauls place ? Ive probaly got my wires crossed here but i heard it was going to be knocked but now it isnt. Dont know if there's any truth in that. Also has anyone heard if we're goin to get the conran tower built on that same site ? I know they re-submitted there're plans but that was over a month ago now ?

Me and my friends go there every Wednesday for lunch as it represents the mid point for out various workplaces. I'd heard something about a compulsory purchase order but nothing else recently....

Shame really as I have some history with that pub - ok, well I got thrown out for being underage when I was 16 and it was the last day of school before GCSEs...

The girls got served, though!!

Still, it would be a shame for it to go as it's the easiest pub to get to (aside from the globe, which I do prefer but it's a committee decision!) from where we all work... Walking into town takes too long!

Archived