The end is near for The Yorkshire Grey Pub..

Andy C

Should the Yorkshire Grey be demolished?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Yorkshire Grey be demolished?

• Pull it down
    • Don't pull it down

Roebuck Schmobuck!!! While the tavern might be happy about its demolision - i shall not be. Served its purpose for many a good night out for me - when i come back from abroad i shall be faced with a huge concrete monstrousity!!! NICE.

Look at the logic - take out a nice bar in favour of a car park.....ummm. i can't see it either to be honest.

Merry Christmas to all those who frequent The Yorkshire Grey, i shall have 1 final celebration in there before mid Jan.......long maybe 2004 be its most profitable year.

OMG!

they ARe tearing down the Yorkshire grey ?

YOU BAST**DS !!!!

What is it this time ? a zoo? an aquarium? millenium square? no... a car park i don't see the point as you can't drive in centre :oo

Have you seen the state of Eyre St/Arundel Gate and Charter Row lately?

I went in there at lunch today and had one of their Paninis. Very poor filling, hardly value for money.....plus I was astonished at the number of blokes just sitting ON the pool table. Staff were milling around clearing glasses but nobody said anything to them. The tables must be severely bent and damaged. Would make a good car park in my opinion.....

Originally posted by Longcol

Back in the 70's wasn't the YG called "The Minerva"?

One helluva dump if memory serves....................

it was the first place me and my mates started going drinking..it was then called THE BAR RIO......happy days

• 2 weeks later...

Shame about the YG, although I've only ever been in twice, one time of which was to use the gents, I remember that time particularly cos there was a wedding party in at the time, oh that bride did look nice in the frock.

Archived