The end is near for The Yorkshire Grey Pub..

Andy C

Should the Yorkshire Grey be demolished?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Yorkshire Grey be demolished?

• Pull it down
    • Don't pull it down

The council have gone too far with keeping cars out of the city centre - a car park in a prime location is what we need to get the city feeling like a city again - busier and bustling - which it doesn't at the moment. Its just a shame that the Yorkshire Grey is standing in the way, as i've always found it a friendly place.

Originally posted by Meaks

What an absolute disgrace! Another half-decent boozer lost - there won't be any left in town soon. Sheffield in 10 years time may be just glass and concrete bars.

Is the Roebuck going the same way as well?

Yeah..its not like there's enough pubs in Sheffield City Centre. Where are you all going to go now Yorkshire Grey is shutting down (sarcasm)

Originally posted by Meaks

What an absolute disgrace! Another half-decent boozer lost - there won't be any left in town soon..

Apart from the Fat Cat, Devonshire Cat, Red Deer, Red Lion, Kelham Island Tavern, Dog and Partridge, Norfolk Arms, Bath Hotel... ;)

Is the Roebuck going the same way as well?

I don't think so!

Personally, I'm still holding out some vague hope of the Grey moving into custom-built premises in the new development - the Dev Cat is in the ground floor retail unit of a new-build UNITE hall of residence, but is still one of the best pubs I've ever visited. :)

Wont be much demand for that big new car park. Rumour has it that the reason the council are "upgrading" all the access roads into the city centre is in preparation for the introduction of the congestion charge- they will be able to say " the infrastructure is in place already". Of course it is- all part of the plan. I suggest Meadowhall add a few extra spaces in anticipation of the extra customers.

Archived