Has anyone been in The Rutland recently?

digirunoff

Are Plug intending to push The Rutland as a pre-Plug pub?

Not really, a lot of what we do at Plug ie Fridays leftfield events and live music work perfectly alongside the Rutland. However some things obviously wouldnt. As said previously we wish to keep the charm & ambience of what the Rutland is all about and return the garden back to its award winning status......big task i know, but its a nice one to aim for.

I'm afraid that charm from the staff was sadly lacking last night, as they took the decision to close the pub early (10:30) and kick out the few of us still happily enjoying our evenings. The reason given was that it wasn't busy enough so it wasn't worth their while staying open, communicated by the bar staff in a pretty charmless way. At the time there were 6 people in the pub, and a further 4 came in but were turned away.

So, how many customers does the Rutland need to have to consider it worth opening up for? Presumably more than 10.

I am a regular in the Rutland and have been pleased to see the progress that has been made seen Adele and Scott took it on - but the staff's attitude last night was very poor.

Ta,

Dandy

I'm afraid that charm from the staff was sadly lacking last night, as they took the decision to close the pub early (10:30) and kick out the few of us still happily enjoying our evenings. The reason given was that it wasn't busy enough so it wasn't worth their while staying open

That is no way to run a pub and is an absolute disgrace. If they are advertised as open, they should be open.

They don't deserve to do well if they choose to treat their customers as an inconvinience.

That is no way to run a pub and is an absolute disgrace. If they are advertised as open, they should be open.

They don't deserve to do well if they choose to treat their customers as an inconvinience.

I totally agree. And my friend and i were definitely made to feel as though we were an inconvenience last night.

I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt as the other times i have been in recently have all been fine, and the new manager is a really nice guy who seems to be doing a good job (at least that's how it seems from my side of the bar).

And also thanks to green for a swift response and your assurances.

Dandy

Went into the Rutland on Sunday and it was fine. Had a decent pint of Hobgoblin and the place seemed to have been smartened up a bit. Was very quiet but then it was Sunday afternoon. Had a chat with Neil who was working behind the bar who I knew from when he worked in another pub. :thumbsup:

We sat outside for a short time, the beer garden has had a lot cleared out and looks promising.

I was quite drunk at the time.

Will be going back. :)

went in the other week and the lad behind the bar was lovely and it felt like the atmosphere was on the brink of being great again. Had stopped going when it got a bit seedy but will make an effort to support it again. Definitely looking forward to the return of the lovely garden and food!

Archived