Well Done to Sheffield Kickboxers on Saturday Night

Congratulations are in order to a "Combined sheffield Squad" of fighters from both AFK and Black Dragons who fought in Derbyshire on saturday night.

The Combined Squad came out with 3 wins and a Draw (many felt that the sheffield fighter had won too)

The results were:

Richard Quinn won by TKO in the 2nd round , Heavyweight contest. Richard blocked a low kick and countered with heavy right hands to force a stoppage.

Yousif Ibrahim gave away 7kg in this match and boxed cleverly taking very few shots at all to win a clear decision.

Scott Hickling (The stocksbridge nuthouse :P) used an unorthodox fighting style employing heavy body kicks to win a points decision

Rob Kelsall fought a real tear up with a local lad to a draw which many fought Rob had won (rematch time?)

Well done to the combined squad.

Maybe more clubs should work together like AFK and Black Dragons did last night.

I thought i should have won it too! lol.

But many thanks for the opportunity to fight. Was great fun and im still buzzing and looking forward to my next fight...!

All the other lads were wicked and did Sheffield proud!

I thought i should have won it too! lol.

But many thanks for the opportunity to fight. Was great fun and im still buzzing and looking forward to my next fight...!

All the other lads were wicked and did Sheffield proud!

Im going to push for you to have him a rematch at home !

Sheffield Kicks Ass!

Can you tell us more about the opponents the Sheffield Lads faced?

How much experience did they have? Their fighting styles, where did you think they went wrong etc.

They were local lads, theyre experience was similar to what our guys had.

In Richards opponents case, Richard had superior defence (as well as a very powerful right hand!). Yousifs opponent was tenacious but Yousif played on the counter.

Scot simply intimidated his opponent from the start using heavy body kicks.

Rob was tidier than his opponent and had better stamina.

Overall it was nice to see AFK and Black Dragons working together as a combined team!

the fight night on saturday was wicked everyone fought really well and i agree both afk and black dragons do work well 2gether well done 2 richard and scott from afk and unlucky rob for getting a draw which he should hav won keep your chin up rob and keep training hard mate

the fight night on saturday was wicked everyone fought really well and i agree both afk and black dragons do work well 2gether well done 2 richard and scott from afk and unlucky rob for getting a draw which he should hav won keep your chin up rob and keep training hard mate

Yes Daniel you are right. Even we have been in opposite corners on many an occasion when away from home we still do stick together being from the "city of Steel".

This was a good example to set to every other kickboxing club.

"Quit the bickering and co-operate"

I am pushing for a rematch for Rob Kelsall (at home in June)

Hope to see you and Rob soon buddy

:thumbsup:

Well done everyone :cool:

****ing awesome.

Thank you for the vote of confidence Lotar. It was a good result I was more relieved than anything else

Especially for Richard as he was dead nervous in the dressing room.

:hihi:

The booing we got when Scot was winning was disgusting though. We had done nothing wrong we all conducted ourselves in a friendly and sportsmanlike manner.

I assured the lads that the day was ours BUT,... they arent all going to be like this!

i think that a bit of it was nervousness and alot of it was the excitment of finally getting in there i was just trying to keep as focused as i could and not expend any unecassary energy, plus the heat in the dressing room was rediculous which made it hard to breath when warming up, all in all though i really enjoyed myself, it was good fun

Archived