Would you like to see The Fez Club/Club Element re-open?

Scuba

Would you like to see The Fez Club/Club Element re-open?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see The Fez Club/Club Element re-open?

• Both venues should re-open
    • Only The Fez Cub should re-open
    • Both should remain closed

I would like to propose a question to the fun-loving party people of Sheffield...

Following a shooting at Club Element on Friday 3rd September, the police temporarily closed down both Club Element and the adjoining Fez Club until a licensing hearing next week. Given that the dodgy R&B night in question will no longer be running and only the trouble free nights such as Scuba, Phonetics, Pin-Up Club and Coalition will remain, would you like to see the venues re-open?

we are very keen to hear public opinion on this matter...

Pin Up is an excellent night run by good lads who don't promote violence or a bad atmosphere.

Never been to Scuba or the others so can't comment on them.

I reckon Fez should re-open for sure, maybe Element too but completely change the night.

You could open up both and run one BIG club for the likes of Pin-Up and Scuba.

Hey why not have both running at the same time? Scuba in one room, Pin Up the other. What a winning combo!!!

Been going to Scuba for years and never seen any trouble.. why should trouble free nights suffer cos some idiots think they're gangsters..

We're short enough on decent club nights as it is. Closing Fez/Element would really spell the end of decent dance nights in Sheffield.

Surely it's only possible to open both or neither since they operate under the same license?

It's pretty obvious that everyone wants the clubs to re-open. With Scuba gone the options for house music lovers such as myself are pretty pitiful, Phonetics and Pin-Up are both top quality nights too.

I don't really understand why they felt it necessary to close the club(s) in the first place, rather than just get rid of the night that was causing the trouble.

the only circumstances where the fez would open by itself is if the license was granted but the police recommended that downstairs remained shut for a while, or if a separate license was applied for.

to be honest tho, the question is very hypothetical rather than being genuine options.

Dont know about you but I am well ****** with the state of play as regards venues in this city...Hallam Uni robbed the NCPM, Brown street taken over by sleazy naf, Casbah gone, Arches closed,Leadmill dont care... and now this mess.....The council here have let the city down big time and if it carries on like this...well.....

Musicians, artists, Dj's,Promoters, video and filmmakers, photographers security staff bar staff, small business's that rely on this trade, printers. designers, fashion shops, music shops...local journalists and magazines, radio.Tv.Studios and rehearsal rooms..Ranting on...you know what I am saying...................Well disgusted...At a time when Sheff is going through "great" change..

We want our venue back.....We want an exciting and vibrant music scene that represents our city proudly, we want to be heard.........

And then we want to be left alone in peace to do it...

Anyone who knows anything about the clubs or the venue knows that the problems that there were were limited to the Friday night in Element.

It is terrible news for Sheffield that some of the best underground nights in the city are being punished for something that had nothing to do with them.

Hopefully both venues will be back open soon and Phon-etics, Scuba, Pin-Up, Coalition et al will all be back.

I've partied in both spaces for 22 years and Im gutted that, what I regard as rooms in my house, have been shut down. Despite being far from ideal both are gold dust in a city that has few intimate spaces remaining. The situation for underground promoters was dire before, now its virtually impossible.

I would like to add my support for the promoters of the non-violent nights and echo the views of Tron. Sheffield council needs to wake up and realise that the underground music scene is one of the strongest elements of our local culture and needs supporting. Instead all they give us are more sterile, greedy, corporate bars and clubs.

Perhaps local promoters, dj's, musicians etc could make a joint presentation to the council to make them more aware of the situation and demand they support us more. I'll sign.

Raif

Lights Down Low

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Pin Up is an excellent night run by good lads who don't promote violence or a bad atmosphere.

I got my mobile phone and cash taken off me by a punter and a doorman double act in pin up

Most doorman are spot on but there's some dodgy ones about...and one's working at Pin Up

I havnt been back.

So why did you not report this to the police or management...If you ignored this then you aint helping anyone deal with it...In that case responsibility falls on your shoulders and thats why we get problems such as what we are faced with now....shame...

Archived