Would you like to see The Fez Club/Club Element re-open?

Scuba

Would you like to see The Fez Club/Club Element re-open?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see The Fez Club/Club Element re-open?

• Both venues should re-open
    • Only The Fez Cub should re-open
    • Both should remain closed

oh I realise these are isolated incidents, and I voted for the club to stay open in the pole

I did attampt to go back and report it, but hey, the guys who took my items and threw me out were the ones on the door, and although my face aint amazing, I kinda like it the way it is.

For the record, Im all for the club re-opening a.s.a.p.

fez/element are 2 of the best club venues in sheffield, to see them go would be a disaster for the Sheffield clubbing scene as there really is very little alternative venues for promoters to use, especially at weekends.

The council really needs to fix up on their licensing otherwise there will be no decent clubs left and the city will be over-run by beer swilling thugs wrapping bottles round each other's heads. Why is so easy to open a bar, and yet to get a late license is nigh on bloody impossible.

you really should report things like that to the club management, ie. the promoter, general manager, licensee or someone who knows one of the above.

security is always a difficult situation, 9 x out of 10 they are fine and do a good job but it is the hired security firm that bring them in rather than them all being vetted by the club. naturally if you get a bad one then they are sacked but until things like that happen you dont really know.

believe me, the promoters and management want all customers to feel relaxed and unthreatened... we want people to continue coming back!

Whilst they are not clubs I would choose to visit, I think it is important for the city that we do have a good choice of venues representing a cross section of music, styles and atmosphere. We do seem to be losing a lot of nightclubs - the Bed building is still standing abandoned! I also believe that any venue that is open should be safe, not attract criminals and be serving quality drinks.

For that reason, I believe the venue should re-open, however the promotor involved with the offending event no longer connected to the club and with a complete fresh start on the security side, and possibly a new manager.

Also of course, the police would have to approve a new licence, so they should be involved in developing venue security policy ideally.

I have only just found out that they ran an indie night on a monday at element ? IS that true if so what was it like ect ect

I also think it should re open , theres been so much trouble at niche and a bit at zero and they werent closed down so why should element and fez ? Plus Fez have some decent small bands that i was planning to start going to so thats another reason to open it!

it's great to see that everyone's rallying behind us... i think we're in with a decent chance.

the club have put forward a genuine proposal to the police, basically inviting them to suggest what needs to be done on every level...

we should find out on friday as to the outcome.

Originally posted by boyface

I got my mobile phone and cash taken off me by a punter and a doorman double act in pin up

Most doorman are spot on but there's some dodgy ones about...and one's working at Pin Up

I havnt been back.

Im really disappointed and suprised to hear this boyface - I really wish you had reported this on the night. The door staff used at Pinup are usally really friendly and make people feel welcome.

Good work on creating this poll Jamie

Dean

Archived