New Retail Quarter in the City Centre

athorby

• 3 months later...

Good to see more office and residential space, and retention of the existing road layout.

Seems more achievable than demolishing John Lewis, rearranging the roads etc.

I don't think online shopping is going away any time soon, so less focus on shops in the scheme is a good thing IMHO.

what we need is shops not residential very very dissapointed in this its not a retail quarter it will be lucky to have 30 new shops very poor

That's why they have changed the plan and the name Yet again . Hopefully I will live long enough ,to see this bright new city centre :)

Guest makapaka
what we need is shops not residential very very dissapointed in this its not a retail quarter it will be lucky to have 30 new shops very poor

You’re wrong of course.

Don't worry about it. We've been here many, many times before don't forget in terms of wide-eyed plans that don't arrive...

Let’s hope it can attract shops to pull shoppers away from Meadowhall , Leeds and Manchester .

In my opinion it’s vital we do, we don’t need any more Home Bargains, Poundland’s, and Pound Stretchers . We need to attract shoppers that will spend , stop in our hotels , use the restaurants and bars . Tell their friends and come back again.