Roughest (and Hardest) pub in Sheffield

Miss_60

The Viaduct pub on the wicker, now closed, but once went in at a lunchtime, some right old chavs in there, one couple to shut the young kid up, gave him a lit cigar to smoke!!!!

He must have only been ten !!

The Manor Hotel had its momments, The Cricketers in years gone by as well. Hen and chickens and the Cannon , oh so many.

The Woodthorpe Arms at Intake was pretty bad. Demolished now though.

agree was a fight almost ever night and the bouncers mark and pete was always knocking some one out ...

one night I remember a dj was booked from pitsmoor he came with loads of mates who thought thay was a bit clever bouncing around and showing off.

think all of them wen home in ambulances and the dj equip was devided throughout the manor and woodthorpe area lol .

gone now are the days of a good old punch up you fight win or lose and end of..now its guns out or knife some one dies and all others take each other to court for compo ..

spent my teens in the wodthorpe arms and to be honest loved every second of it ....:hihi:

Anyone remember The Denison?It could be a bit rough at times but more often than not there was never a dull moment due to the fantastic characters that went in that pub never been anywhere like it.:banana::banana:

I remember Malc Marples trying to get in with his transit.

• 1 month later...

Archived