Roughest (and Hardest) pub in Sheffield

Miss_60

The Sportsman in Stannington used to be rough, till the new Landlord kicked all the scum off the Liberty and Hall Park estates out, but even trhen it got quite bad, so bad they had to remove the Pool table due to idiots chasing each other round it.. So naturally, no Pool table, we don't go in any more, crap selection of Beers in there anyway IMO, the Peacock, Minnie's and the Top House are loads better, except the Top House is full of old people.

Not sure the Shiny Sheff (Lodgemoor) is the roughest pub in Sheffield but certainly the most un family friendly pub I have ever been to. If you have young children I would definitely not take them here.

We take our kids in regually and never have any issues.

If you let your kids run round like maniacs the landlord will have a word. Is that what happened?

Hello All,

I've just read the lot. None of you seem old enough to know what hard is ( notice I can spell, unlike the moronic youth of today with their mobie syntax). It's not the pub, it's the people who frequent it. I was born and bred in Pitsmoor. Men came there just to test themselves and went home battered and defeated. I went round Sheffield, with friends and feared no-one. Still don't!! What you miss today is respect and the pecking order. Don't kid yourselves, a hundred 20 year olds from today wouldn't stand a chance against against half that many from the old days of Sheffield. You'd get eaten for breakfast. Anyway, hope your pensions are as big as mine..when I get it.

Dave

Hello All,

I've just read the lot. None of you seem old enough to know what hard is ( notice I can spell, unlike the moronic youth of today with their mobie syntax). It's not the pub, it's the people who frequent it. I was born and bred in Pitsmoor. Men came there just to test themselves and went home battered and defeated. I went round Sheffield, with friends and feared no-one. Still don't!! What you miss today is respect and the pecking order. Don't kid yourselves, a hundred 20 year olds from today wouldn't stand a chance against against half that many from the old days of Sheffield. You'd get eaten for breakfast. Anyway, hope your pensions are as big as mine..when I get it.

Dave

No, you'd get shot or stabbed most likely, there are no rules anymore, unlike in "your days".

Archived