Bluestone School, urgently need photo

cosywolf

Anyone remember Bluestone School, Norfolk Park? It used to be off Park Grange Drive.

We are currently doing an art project in Norfolk Park, and urgently need a photo of the school.

It hasn't been gone all that long, of course, but who ever takes photos of schools? Certainly not the students, lol, some of whom we are working with.

Please contact me ASAP if you can help.

E-mail: l.caillouet@wildsheffield.com

Cosy:help:

I was at Blue Stones from 1969 to 1972, and lived near by on the estate at that time.

What a great place for kids in that era, plenty of grass and park land to play.

They have just knocked down the Masonettes where we live on Samual Drive.

We left there, with all the comforts of modern living like central heating and a bathroom, into a two up two down terrace in Commonside, Walkley, complete with outside loo.

I dont think i've got any pictures though, we were very poor in them days and didn't own a camera.

While the school was faced with imminent closure, a few ernest parents thought that picketing and protesting would help - and the press was there, print as well as video media. There was even a five-ten minute slot on TV that night. Don't remember the station though [you only have five to choose from and its probably ITV1 anyway!] Perhaps you can contact the various media houses and ask for help.

I taught at Bluestone on and off, it was a great school - great teachers and excellent synergy. Its a shame it had to be broken up.

Good luck

• 1 year later...

I know this is a really old thread but its just what I'm looking for! My brother and I used to go to Bluestones when we were little. We lived in the maisonettes directly above the school. We were looking at the area on Google Earth the other day and it has changed so much we couldn't believe it! We have totally different memories of how the school was set out though and wondered if anyone had managed to get any photos? We were there from 73 onwards.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Bluestone school was the venue when the previous Bishop of Sheffield (Bishop David Lunn) held the ceremony inaugurating the minister at St Leonard's, Norfolk Park, ooh, must've been about 1996.

The diocese might have pictures of it, if that's any help?

PT

Archived