Story: 'The Unfortunate Bennetts.'

Mantaspook

Fellow writing group member Jenniflower recently started THIS THREAD and it reminded me that I’d abandoned a story about squirrels that I started in February. So I had another look at it, gave it a polish and here it is.

It’s a bit disappointing as a writer to see a story get 150 hits in the first week but only two or three members bother to tell you whether the story is any good (or not) – I would like to take this opportunity to thank those individuals that do from the bottom of my heart. Take a bow folks, you know who you are.

Therefore in an effort to encourage a wider range of feedback (and to try my hand at a bit of blackmail :hihi: ) I’m not going to even start writing chapter 2 until TEN different members leave a comment! – If you’ve not commented before this is your chance! Come and join us.

The unfortunate Bennetts.

Same sentiments as Patricia really .But regards to feed back ,i look at the the feed back that i get and think sod it why bother giving any no-one else can be botherd .You get to know the ones that do .

As long as we enjoy writing them, thats all that matters. Its just that there are a lot of members, but some of them havent written anything.I often wonder if the uploading process is too complicated for them.

As long as we enjoy writing them, thats all that matters. Its just that there are a lot of members, but some of them havent written anything.I often wonder if the uploading process is too complicated for them.

I don't somehow think it's the uploading process holding people back, pattricia. If that is a problem for anyone, Mantaspook and I are always available to assist in familiarising potential contributors with help and advice. :)

Scribe, we have been aware for quite some time of those who are happy to read the work of others, and yet contribute absolutely nothing to the Group by way of written work placed on the Server, or even a comment on the threads of those uploading items to it.

Password holders should be fully aware that being in possession of a password requires them to meet the current Terms & Conditions stated on a "Sticky" Thread prominently displayed on this Section of Sheffield Forum.

This Group was sanctioned by the Owner of this site, Geoff, and started with full facilities in early June last year. It will celebrate it's First Anniversary very shortly.

It's to be hoped that password holders realise possession of same is a privilege requiring their occasional participation in this Group and is not provided just for lurking on the edges of it. :)

NB This post will not be counted towards the target set by Mantaspook's Opening Post.

Not posted anything for 10 days, been having trouble with my diodes, but I’m fine now.

Will post “The Letter” tomorrow.

It’s a bit disappointing as a writer to see a story get 150 hits in the first week but only two or three members bother to tell you whether the story is any good (or not) – I would like to take this opportunity to thank those individuals that do from the bottom of my heart. Take a bow folks, you know who you are.

A fair comment Mantas, as Scribes says, it can be a bit disheartening, I can’t imagine why people want to read in the first place if they have no intension of commenting, which brings me to the point.

Nice one Mantas, one can visualize the mad uncle running amok with the blunderbuss, blasting all the gremlins (which I think my comp has at the min)

I have made this a "Sticky" Thread for a short while, without consulting Mantaspook, or anyone else.

The reason I have done so is because the Opening Post on it carries a challenge to those within this Group who choose to read, rather than contribute to the Group's well-being.

Unless I am ordered to personally "Unstick" this Thread, or Mantaspook/A.N.Other chooses to "Unstick" it, the Thread will remain prominent on here for 7 days, after which I personally will "unstick" it.

By doing this, it can't ebb and flow up and down the Writing Group Section with each post made on other Threads, and thus become, to an extent "invisible" to the casual "password-holding" Writing Group Members.

Thank you for your forebearance.

shoeshine (GL: Writing Group)

Archived