Czech or Czechoslovakian restaurant/pub in Sheffield?

Chlupatour

Hey guys!

Does anyone know about a place where you can get Czech or Slovakian food and beer in Sheffield? Czech beer is poured in many places around Sheffield but I would like to have a Czech dish as well. I am asking here because I know the biggest masterminds of Sheffield visit this forum :thumbsup: Thanks a lot for any suggestions! ;)

Chlupatour

Hi,

Czech food differs a lot from Polish but the Polish restaurant is defo worth a try if you want something different.

I'm baised but if you havent tried Czech food or beer IN Czech (not the imported beer in the UK) you are in for a treat.

Have a look at the link to the Czech restaurant in London for some typical Czech dish's, they also have barrels of actual czech beer brought over every week (not the imported/brewed in UK beer) or do a google http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=Typical+Czech+Food&meta= E.G. http://www.myczechrepublic.com/czech_culture/czech_cuisine.html

At one stage Vodka Rev used to change the menu for dish's from around the world and had some Czech food on the menu which was not bad.

The only Czech/Slovak restaurant I know of in the UK is in London http://czechandslovakclub.co.uk/ and I do visit there regulary. I would certainly visit a Czech pub in Sheffield all the time if one existed and i'm sure most of the Czech/Slovak community in Sheffield feel the same.

Theres no substitute for proper Czech food and beer, I only left Czech on Tuesday and i'm missing it already.

If there are any Czech/Slovak useres on the site and want to get in touch with other members of the local Czech/Slovak community send me a PM and I will forward the details of the Czech/Slovak circle that meet on a regular basis.

The Czech/Slovak restuarant in London is probably one of the most authentic restaurants of any nationality in the UK, I love the 70s communist working mans club feel in the main bar, it's just a pity it gets so packed on a weekend. I'm actually quite scared about going there once the Ice Hockey starts!

Anyway, as an Englishman I can fully and without bias say that Czech food is massively under-rated, some of the goulash (like segadin) is just amazing. And the rye bread is the best in the world, as is the beer.

Hmmmmmm...Gambrinus

it's just a pity it gets so packed on a weekend. I'm actually quite scared about going there once the Ice Hockey starts!

Yep they can be a rowdy bunch, especially when it comes to ice hockey. I'm happy to hear you like the place too, its certainly not the posh modern type of bar you get on every other street. Authentic it is, even has an old Gambrinus beer sign outside the building, which unless you ae looking for it looks just like a house.

Anyway, as an Englishman I can fully and without bias say that Czech food is massively under-rated, some of the goulash (like segadin) is just amazing. And the rye bread is the best in the world, as is the beer.

Hmmmmmm...Gambrinus

Gulash or svickova and of course knedliky all washed down with my favourite Czech beer, an ice cold Gambrinus. Sounds perfect to me.

At least your not too far away, its a good 6-8 hour drive there and back for me, skoda ("pity or shame" in Czech).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

mmmmmmmm Svickova, I think i am addicted to bread dumplings LOL, i've just come back from a week in Prague and just loved the food (and of course the beers!)

The first thing i did when i came back was to look here and see if there was any Czech restaurants in Sheffield. If anyone finds out a place that you can get a nice Czech meal can they let us all know :D

Archived