Czech or Czechoslovakian restaurant/pub in Sheffield?

Chlupatour

Well, not in Sheffield anymore, guys. But I would really like to know if there's been a change since I was first looking for a Czech pub. I'll visit Sheffield again for sure, because it's just such a nice place and the Peak District...you just gotta love it :hihi:

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

if you are still looking for some czech pub food, in Old Queens Head, we started to serve some czech meals along our regular menu - have a look on our website and czech menu.

Menu will be a bit wider later with some meals rotation. And Pilsner Urquell for some splash is on draft as well. :)

Hi all,

if you are still looking for some czech pub food, in Old Queens Head, we started to serve some czech meals along our regular menu - have a look on our website and czech menu.

Menu will be a bit wider later with some meals rotation. And Pilsner Urquell for some splash is on draft as well. :)

I`m sure most pubs would be keen to get Czech folk in as they drink more beer per capita than any other European nation, and by some way too! :thumbsup:

I`m sure most pubs would be keen to get Czech folk in as they drink more beer per capita than any other European nation, and by some way too! :thumbsup:

It amazes me that more pubs don't sell Czech beer. Once you're used to it, you cannot go back to drinking British lager beers- Carling, Carlsberg etc all taste of nothing and you begrudge spending your money on them. You'd think more pubs would use that to their advantage.

Having said that, I had a conversation with Millerbrands (UK branch of SABMiller, responsible for Pilsner Urquell) a couple of years ago where they gave me some crap about wanting each pint to be "an experience, a journey" and that's why it was so expensive. With sales prevention teams as successful as that, no wonder it's not everywhere!

Neil.

It amazes me that more pubs don't sell Czech beer. Once you're used to it, you cannot go back to drinking British lager beers- Carling, Carlsberg etc all taste of nothing and you begrudge spending your money on them. You'd think more pubs would use that to their advantage.

Having said that, I had a conversation with Millerbrands (UK branch of SABMiller, responsible for Pilsner Urquell) a couple of years ago where they gave me some crap about wanting each pint to be "an experience, a journey" and that's why it was so expensive. With sales prevention teams as successful as that, no wonder it's not everywhere!

Neil.

Yes, it is shame that they want to do with some good lagers luxury pint. (Peroni, Pilsner Urquell and a lot of more) But it is business, we can't do anything with that, especially if we are tied on all wet products.

But if someone wants decent pint, I think pay about 15-20% extra it is not that much.

Archived