Parkhill school now gone - looking for ex pupils and teachers

kezzzza

I drove past what used to be Parkhill school on Duke street the other day and couldnt believe it had been knocked down. I had a lot of happy memories at that school (around 20 years ago) !!

Are there any other ex pupils or teachers on the forum?

It would be great to hear from you:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The head teacher was Mr. Sharpe in the Middle school, and I remember Mr. Woodhead, Mr. Vause, Mrs Anderson, Mrs Thomas, Mr. Raynor, Mr Lyon, the big fish tank as you walked in, and underneath that was the merit box that you used to put the little merits in the same colour as your house team!!!!

In the first school I can remember Mrs. Wiggly and Mrs. Aslam.

The head teacher was Mr. Sharpe in the Middle school, and I remember Mr. Woodhead, Mr. Vause, Mrs Anderson, Mrs Thomas, Mr. Raynor, Mr Lyon, the big fish tank as you walked in, and underneath that was the merit box that you used to put the little merits in the same colour as your house team!!!!

In the first school I can remember Mrs. Wiggly and Mrs. Aslam.

Mrs wiggly used to sit me behind the blackboard for excessive talking, it didn't stop me :P

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Parkhill in the 70s. Started at the Nursery then Infants but only managed about a year in the middle school. I left in '77 when I was in Mrs Dansons class. The only other teacher I can remember is the music teacher but now I've forgot his name. Often wonder what happened to the friends I had back then, Shane Bacon, Wayne Fletcher and Michael Batty. I liked Park Hill much more than Hazlebarrow Junior school I ended up at.

I went to Parkhill in the 70s. Started at the Nursery then Infants but only managed about a year in the middle school. I left in '77 when I was in Mrs Dansons class. The only other teacher I can remember is the music teacher but now I've forgot his name. Often wonder what happened to the friends I had back then, Shane Bacon, Wayne Fletcher and Michael Batty. I liked Park Hill much more than Hazlebarrow Junior school I ended up at.

I remember all them :)

i was at parkhill in 64(showing my age now) my coz went there paul waddingham his brothers and sisster went there has well, my name was judy saywell,my dad had a shop on broad st next to the fish chip shop it was a boot and shoe repairs.

I went to Parkhill in the 70s. Started at the Nursery then Infants but only managed about a year in the middle school. I left in '77 when I was in Mrs Dansons class.

mrs danson once gave me the slipper!

Archived