Ideas for new bar!

MuckyDuck

To be fair if you could get a decent outdoor drinking area you'd be onto a winner

I was once told (so don't know how true it is) that a lot of the land in Sheffield city centre was church owned and it was particularly hard to get a outdoor drinking license because of this.

I was once told (so don't know how true it is) that a lot of the land in Sheffield city centre was church owned and it was particularly hard to get a outdoor drinking license because of this.
Huh, didn't know that but if its true it explains a lot

I'd like to see a bar like the one in the film Coyote Ugly

Dave..

Me too.........however, to set fire to an entire bar top with spirits with semi-naked dancing barmaids on the same bar top is somewhat risky, and the Fire Department, Health and Safety, Police, and Licensing, would be descending like a plague of wasps. Lovely concept, but works better on a movie set.......

To be fair if you could get a decent outdoor drinking area you'd be onto a winner

Here here! A decent beer garden for when it's sunny. The closest I've seen is the forum. (Admittedly I don't make iot out of the city centre often!)

I think alot of the ideas are good, bars do them for a few weeks/ months but end up the same worrying about costs/ profits and drop them.

The coyote ugly style bar has been done soooo many times and everytime it lasts a months at most.

Me too.........however, to set fire to an entire bar top with spirits with semi-naked dancing barmaids on the same bar top is somewhat risky, and the Fire Department, Health and Safety, Police, and Licensing, would be descending like a plague of wasps. Lovely concept, but works better on a movie set.......

There used to be a restaurant with a bar in Meadowhall that had this. Does anyone remember it? It was more of a 60s theme though.

Can't see Coyote Ugly style bars in Sheffield though. Anyway, this type of thing typically used to happen in the Firkin pub chains. :hihi: Or so I've heard...

It doesn't really work if its just girls dancing on tables, and guys don't.

Archived