The beauty treatments megathread - do NOT advertise in here

My friend went to Cheeky's beauty Salon, Holme Lane (formerly Simply Divine), three dogs running around in salon whilst she was having it done, dog bowls & water bowls all neatly placed as well. Got owners life story too, couldn't wait to get out. Is that hygienic or what?? Take it she wouldn't recommend going there, even though it is in Hillsborough.

My friend went to Cheeky's beauty Salon, Holme Lane (formerly Simply Divine), three dogs running around in salon whilst she was having it done, dog bowls & water bowls all neatly placed as well. Got owners life story too, couldn't wait to get out. Is that hygienic or what?? Take it she wouldn't recommend going there, even though it is in Hillsborough.

dogs shouldnt be in the same room because of the fumes it gives off, even though its not much which is why you should be in a 'pop up tent' because it has an extractor in it, and it is also why whoever is spraying you should wear a mask. and no its definately not hygienic.

so its not good for your friend and its not good for the dogs.

Hi..

These spray tans would they cover vitiligo up?

I've tried Piz Buin (think thats how to spell it) and some other well known tans but nothing works. Oh another one is St Tropez, but again that didnt work.

Thanks

It will make the skin look better but EVERYTHING will get darker, so the skin that has not been affected will also get darker.

Hi I booked my girlfriend in for an appointment at a lash place on just off Sharrow, after reading on here that they had an offer on for 50% off lashes for £25 in June.

My girlfriend had her lashes done last Friday afternoon as a treat and was thoroughly unimpressed with the service she got from them. The lashes were poor quality and irritated her eyes for the next few days and where falling out the day after having them done and have not stopped coming out since.

She has left her number for a call back and it has been 2 days without any response. She's been told to come and get her money back from them but that isn't the point. The girl said that the lashes would last for 4 weeks and they have already come out and its only a week later??

Im annoyed as it was a treat for her and it turned out that it was far from a treat for her. It's really put my girlfriend off of having any sort of eye treatment ever again. I definitely wont be sending her there again or advising anybody else to go there either.

I WOULD ADVISE ANYONE TAKING UP THIS CHEAP OFFER TO THINK TWICE!!!!

SHE CANT BE THE ONLY !!!!

Hi I booked my girlfriend in for an appointment at a lash place on just off Sharrow, after reading on here that they had an offer on for 50% off lashes for £25 in June.

My girlfriend had her lashes done last Friday afternoon as a treat and was thoroughly unimpressed with the service she got from them. The lashes were poor quality and irritated her eyes for the next few days and where falling out the day after having them done and have not stopped coming out since.

She has left her number for a call back and it has been 2 days without any response. She's been told to come and get her money back from them but that isn't the point. The girl said that the lashes would last for 4 weeks and they have already come out and its only a week later??

Im annoyed as it was a treat for her and it turned out that it was far from a treat for her. It's really put my girlfriend off of having any sort of eye treatment ever again. I definitely wont be sending her there again or advising anybody else to go there either.

I WOULD ADVISE ANYONE TAKING UP THIS CHEAP OFFER TO THINK TWICE!!!!

SHE CANT BE THE ONLY !!!!

hi i think there is some sort of miss understanding.. i have not received any messages regarding any problems, i wouldnt just say come and get your money back i would always try and get to the bottom of the problem, the lashes could have come out for a number of reasons, i did have to remove make up so this could have been one of the problems .. im really sorry if you are not happy, im at work mon wed thurs fri if your partner would like to pop in... this is the first case and ive done over 200 sets of lashes with lots of my customers returning for infills .. once again im sorry.. if you dont want a cash refund that is ok or if you would like me to sort the problem then give me a call direct on my mobile hope to hear from you soon.

hi i think there is some sort of miss understanding.. i have not received any messages regarding any problems, i wouldnt just say come and get your money back i would always try and get to the bottom of the problem, the lashes could have come out for a number of reasons, i did have to remove make up so this could have been one of the problems .. im really sorry if you are not happy, im at work mon wed thurs fri if your partner would like to pop in... this is the first case and ive done over 200 sets of lashes with lots of my customers returning for infills .. once again im sorry.. if you dont want a cash refund that is ok or if you would like me to sort the problem then give me a call direct on my mobile hope to hear from you soon.

Well after our phone conversation I am even more annoyed about the whole situation. Frankly I think the way you spoke to me was very unprofessional. You say that this is the first time this has happened but my girlfriends’ hairdresser came in for a treatment a few days after my girlfriend, with the same consequences, the lashes fell out even quicker than my girlfriends.

I didn’t appreciate the nasty voicemail that was left on my phone after I refused to continue talking to you, after you were talking over me and wouldn’t listen to me.

You told me on the phone that it was my girlfriend’s fault for messing around with her phone, (She answered her phone once!!!!) well If you have a problem with a people using phones you should tell them to turn them off before the treatment starts! Plus she said she couldn’t have used her phone because her eyelashes were stuck down??

I find the way you are happy to enter an argument with me about the whole situation simply identifies how unprofessional you really are, when I’m simply voicing my opinion. Threatening to report me for speaking the truth shows how unprofessional you are, I could easily report you for false advertising, because the lashes and service my girlfriend was not what you advertise, the lashes falling out a prime example!!!!!.

Hi Lashboutique,

Can you explain the process please? Also how much infills are? Im thinking of having them done but I am worried with the persons comments above about them falling out.

I dont want to risk damaging my natural eye lashes.

Many thanks

Not everyone is going to be happy with any beauty treatment. I know from dealing with customer complaints over a wide range of industries that some people are never going to be happy with the outcome of a complaint.

As in all things, unless its life threatening, suck it and see. Try something and make up your own mind. On balance there are a number of people here saying how fantastic their lashes are and a very small number saying they were unhappy which lets face it could be down to a number of things including aftercare by the customer.

I dont own a beauty salon, dont work in one and have no axe to grind either way, but if lash extensions are something you fancy trying then do it.