The beauty treatments megathread - do NOT advertise in here

Hi, I do gel/acrylic/silk nail enhancements. I am mobile depending where you are or you can come to me. I charge £20 for natural nail overlays or £25 for a full set, either natural,french or loads of glitters & nail art that can be embedded into your enhancement. I do a few ladies on the Forum already. PM me if interested. xJudith

What are natural nail overlays? Is it something different to false nails or does it mean they are natural looking? We are going on holiday to the states next year and I was thinking about having my nails done before I go. I've never had them done before. If I went away for two weeks would they still look ok after going in the swimming pool etc? Can you put fresh nai polish on them without it making the nail come off?

Sorry if they are daft questions but I know absolutely nothing apart from I know they look nice!

I am sure someone qualified will answer this (I'm not!) but atural nail overlays I think is just the gel etc putting on your own nail, rather than on your own nail with a false tip on. For if you have longer nails?

They will be ok (if done right) for a couple of weeks, they do start growing off like and you start to see gaps at the bottom but they should be ok. You can paint them (just careful to use acetone free varnish remover or you will damage the false nails), but tbh if you have french or nail art etc there's no reasno why you should want to xx

definitely am not going to risk:o

Hi Lashboutique did my lashes and although some of the false lashes have shed my own are still OK. Unless you drag them out I really don't see why your own lashes would be affected. I had an issue during the 2nd week where one of my lashes was obviously ready for shedding and the falsie attached to it was twisted and irritating my eye so I very gently gave it a tug but it was virtually out already. Mine had shed quite a lot by the end of the 2nd week but am now going for infills to top up after 3 weeks. to be honest if you have to have infills every 3 weeks at £12 its only £4 a week and to me worth every penny. I spent my 2 weeks holiday not having to worry about mascara at all.

Hi Lashboutique, could you tell me how much my infills would be, (think you said £12?) and how long are you booked up for? Thank you.

hi a full set of nouveau eyelash extensions are £35.00 and the infills are £12.00 i do have appointments available so give me a call 07595520350 x

hi lashboutique did my lashes and although some of the false lashes have shed my own are still ok. Unless you drag them out i really don't see why your own lashes would be affected. I had an issue during the 2nd week where one of my lashes was obviously ready for shedding and the falsie attached to it was twisted and irritating my eye so i very gently gave it a tug but it was virtually out already. Mine had shed quite a lot by the end of the 2nd week but am now going for infills to top up after 3 weeks. To be honest if you have to have infills every 3 weeks at £12 its only £4 a week and to me worth every penny. I spent my 2 weeks holiday not having to worry about mascara at all.

thank you glad your happy with your lashes xx

The Tanning Co‎

80 Leppings Lane

Sheffield S61ST

0114 231 5292

Hillsborough

Great prices for tanning and get loads of business.

Also do beauty treatments and make-up for that special occasion.

So come in and nosey, plus the staff are friendly and helpful

Why would you want to pay £15 to be orange, the only benefit i see of it is you can camouflage yourself in the oranges at the supermarket if you see someone you don't like

If you insist on being orange you could get some orange face paint, i don't think the end result would be much different and you can take it off at the end of the day

fake tan alternative

depending which tanning products you use, salons tend to use st tropez so you don't go orange, you go the colour you turn naturally in the sun, but i must admit people do go over board with the fake look