Colin and his teatowels.

ozlad

Does anyone remember a bloke called Colin who would sit outside his house near Rutland Road, Neepsend and hold teatowels flapping in the wind? This would have been in the mid 60s before the fabulous and highly succesful slum clearances.

Kids would often whizz past on their bikes and nick the towels.

Does anyone remember a bloke called Colin who would sit outside his house near Rutland Road, Neepsend and hold teatowels flapping in the wind? This would have been in the mid 60s before the fabulous and highly succesful slum clearances.

I remember Colin,near the brewery, Platt Street-Hicks Street area.

That must be him.I lived opposite Brewery on Manners St.

These memories are so dim and ancient that they sometimes seem like a dream, especially one as odd as this. I would have been about 7 at the time.

I remember seeing that guy at times when I went to see my mate Ronnie Taylor. He lived on Percy St. Does any one know of his whereabouts? not seen him or heard anything of him for years. (Ronnie that is, not the bloke called Colin)

Archived