SRUFC Under 16`s

Guest rosie

• 2 weeks later...

C'mon Rosie the refs always right even when he's wrong,and there are Referees of various abilities and experience out there. I have seen some right howlers on the pitch. The ref today was great, however, we won 48-0 so I suppose I would say that wouldn't I.

Keep up the good work 16's

Was he a local club member invited to ref by the opposition?

or a society ref?

whichever, any decision at this age level should be explained in full by him to the players so that they know what the decision is about and that it was fair.No hard feelings should exist between teams,officials and supporters playing friendlies in the ideal world.

It's unfortunate when this happens,but I have seen it myself.

After all our Reginald(forum nickname) was playing at this level last year.

• 2 weeks later...

U16`s win again.

Today they went to Baildon and they won 33-0.

Well done lads lets see another win next week with Chesterfield at home.

Yesterday the U16`s played at home against Chesterfield.

What a day, with quite a few of the team on District Development, and my son out with sprained ankle and pulled tendon it got much worse.

The Ref did not turn up and our ref could only do half of the game, Chesterfield had a ref that came in at half time but it was his first game. We lost a player before half-time with a tooth being knocked out and so we had no sub`s left.

We played well but with the official making stupid judgements we lost 24-8.

The lads were despondent. Heads up lads its Melish away this coming weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Matlock didn`t want to face us today so kind Pontefract offered us a friendly. We have not got a strong side so you don`t need your full squad they said. Don`t believe them if they say this, we left 5 key players at home and used some new players and we lost 17-7.

Ouch that hurt.

Lets hope for a proper League game next week at home against Thorne.

Archived