Best Beer Garden In sheff

IanG

Just thought I'd dredge up this thread as it looks like this weekend and next are going to be nice out.

(Didn't realise the Lescar was so highly rated either - having lived here for several years, I've still never been in!)

Any other offers? I quite like the Springvale but that's because I live a few minutes away :)

I know I'm guilty of talking up my local, but the decking at The Shiny Sheff on Lodge Moor is going to be THE place to be this summer.

I've just had lunch there and three pints of cold Strongbow. The decking now has plants all around it, a lit-up tree, uplights for the evening and when it turns cooler, heaters.

The food has improved beyond words and add to this one of the best views of the countryside, it's a little piece of heaven close to home.

Just thought I'd dredge up this thread as it looks like this weekend and next are going to be nice out.

You read my mind, we're planning on a couple of beers in a nice pub garden tomorrow if the weather continues as it is.

Some good suggestions so far. I also llike the Riverside, although the river isn't much to look at yet, but might be one day. Also the Forum of course, and Platillos. Crucible Corner might be nice when Tudor Sq is finished (summer 2011).

Paradise Square could be one huge beer garden surrounded by a range of exciting bars and little pubs. It isn't that yet, but you can sit outside the back of a pub and imagine it.

The key thing for me is an outdoor area of a pub in the city centre that is facing the right way when the sun goes down. There aren't that many.

I know I'm guilty of talking up my local, but the decking at The Shiny Sheff on Lodge Moor is going to be THE place to be this summer.

I've just had lunch there and three pints of cold Strongbow. The decking now has plants all around it, a lit-up tree, uplights for the evening and when it turns cooler, heaters.

The food has improved beyond words and add to this one of the best views of the countryside, it's a little piece of heaven close to home.

are you the landlord

Archived