Hatfield House Lane Secondary Did You Go

went to Hatfield secodary from 1962 to 1966 was the teachers I remember are Betty Ellis,(PE) Mr Collins, Mr Bradbury (Maths) Miss Meahan Head was Mr Whitfield. anyone else in my class Susan Rowley,I have a brother Paul and a sister June who also attended we lived at firth park just up from the bowling alley.

Hi, I remember Miss Meahan - strict PE teacher!

Was the Gordon3 the same Gordon I remember so well? Hall ? !!

You posted a message a few months ago asking about old friends - well this is Margaret Haywood. Yes I do remember Barry Fairhead and the others you mention - wish they'd get in touch on here with us!

For those remembering if they knew me, I left Huntsmans Gardens after the 11+ and went on to Hatfield House Secondary so that would be 1955-59. Brilliant memories of Mr Lowe who was my class teacher in 4th year. Funnily enough I found my report from that year only yesterday, dated 17th Dec 1959! Worst subject Religious Ed - 26 out of 100 -disappointing!! Best Biology 32 out of 50 - shows improvement!!

I have been in touch with some old school mates through Friends Reunited and thats good. Anyone around today?

hello margaret yes this is i gordon hall 65 at christmas how did we survive going to hatfield house from attercliffe did we miss a day when it snowed never not allowed just by chance came on today love to hear from you dont seem to be able to contact anyone else seen your details on friends u

Hi Gordon, yes me too, was just tracking some ancestor's ward record and got stuck, so thought I may find some help on here - then got diverted with the Attercliffe stuff!!

Yes its a pity we cant catch up online now and again with old mates. I would suggest a reunion but I guess you wouldnt want to take that on!!

To be honest, i dont know where to start, although my daughter and her schoolmates have a reunion quite often!! So it cant be that difficult to organise. I thought you were in Australia? Could you really come over?

I shall have to think about it. What do you think then?

Hello everybody went Hatfield from 64 to 68, friends were Phil Staniforth, Allan Bratley, John Hill, Steve Fox and Gary Elmer. Teachers were a Mr Jennings geography, Mr Bradbury maths, Mr collins sport and Mr White science. Once saw Mr Collins drag kid to the heads office, he had caught the lad smoking in corridor. He probably would be done for GBH nowadays. The head was Mr Whitfield he had a cabinet with a range canes for every occasion.

• Like 1