Good pubs in The Peak District.

slimsid2000

That used to be a right dump. They even had a dead cat stuffed and on display if I remember rightly. Maybe it has changed since then.

It's not a dump, just basic. Many a time we've staggered out and had a peaceful rest in the barn opposite :hihi:

I still call the back room "The Puritan Room"; anyone who's been in will know why :hihi: .

The Strines is one of my fave's too. Called in there last week and the food was excellent as usual.

I've been going to try the Yorkshire Bridge Inn at Ladybower a couple of times but every time we get there it's closed (usually afternoon).

The Strines is one of my fave's too. Called in there last week and the food was excellent as usual.

I've been going to try the Yorkshire Bridge Inn at Ladybower a couple of times but every time we get there it's closed (usually afternoon).

It's open all day!

Nope, the sign outside last Tuesday at around 2.30pm said it's closed 2.00pm til 5.00pm and the car park was empty except for one (very nice) American car.

The time before when we called was a while back on a Saturday around 3.30pm.

We commented on how strange it was that most of the other pubs around were open all day except this one.

Nope, the sign outside last Tuesday at around 2.30pm said it's closed 2.00pm til 5.00pm and the car park was empty except for one (very nice) American car.

The time before when we called was a while back on a Saturday around 3.30pm.

We commented on how strange it was that most of the other pubs around were open all day except this one.

It used to close during the deep winter at dinnertime, but I've always known it to be open all day. Tremendous pint of Old Peculier in there too (when open).

we had been recomended to go to a pub called the half moon (not sure where it is tho) cos the food was supposed to be lovely, when we went i was served packet mash, frozen veg and the evilest pint of guinness ive ever had.... i wont be going again :(

This may well be the Half Moon near creswell / Whitwell. It did used to be good but has not been so good recently

Archived