Am I right this is a scam?

I hate these things. They're all over ebay and alike.

Why don't you send a few people his email. A friend once emailed a guy from several accounts for ages making him believe he would be getting money from several people. Time consuming, I know, but worth it I think!!!!

I got sent an address to send my phone to, and then they'd pay me (yeah right)

....so they got sent HUNDREDS of freebies instead (like thick university brochures and signed up for free toilitries like toilet paper etc)

I suppose this one will be paid for by stolen or forged post orders then?

Hello,

I am interested in the purchase of your Olympus E500 Dslr for my cousin who works in London.

I will like to know how much it will cost to post to him in London,i will not mind adding an extra 50 GBP for the postage.

I will be paying via postal order.

Get back to me soonest,so i can pay as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Walter.

Mail to walterjameswj@gmail.com

you can get me on 07024080770.

One of my mates got ripped off buying a G4 from eBay.

Western Union money transfer.

When the computer didn't arrive......eBay account closed......Western Union account closed.

£2000 down the pan.

In the words of Hill Street Blues " Be careful out there. "

• 3 years later...

I got a phone call from a person with an indian sounding accent, to say my computer is infected he mentioned Windows system, and i needed to sign on my computer he had my name wrong but insisted i sign in this i refused and put the phone down pos a scam?

Have just re read this thread and can't believe I posted it,as I am usually so wary of these things and automatically bin them.My excuse is a senior moment.If one person learns from it.It will have been worth it (the embarrassment).

Archived