The Washington

TheWatcher

I went in there for the first time in about 18 months on Saturday. Great to see this pub back on it's feet. It was clean tidy, lots of friendly faces, great tunes and top quality ale on sale. Huzzah!

It was a shame how bad it got in there, the guy that had it before was shocking. I went in there once and he was with this "woman" who was so drunk she kept slumping on the bar. The he through everyone out at 10pm on a Wednesday because his baby was tired. ********ed more like.

Anyway, anyone else been in since it got took over??

I was in on sat for first time in ages for a friends birthday - seems there was lots of folk doing the same. It seems to be back on its feet again - its a shame what happened to the old landlord - but good to see things back on track...

(only slight moan - or am I just getting too old - the (very good) music was a bit too loud for pub!)

I beg to differ on this ....

I was in there last week with my sister who had never seen the place before - assuring her that it was one of sheffields real character pubs - full of lively characters, its strong associations with Sheffields pop music heritage, interesting musical connection pictures on the walls, its quirky collection of radios, its old historic feel - what did I get ...

Another of one of Sheffields most famous pubs with links to Human League, Pulp, etc. has been "modernised" and made soul-less - I thought I was walking into an art gallery - walls full of one artists soul-less abstract work - interiors banal-ly painted - it has now gone from being a pub with unique character - to a faceless souless almost empty bar like any other new bar in the city centre - I guess it was inevitable really considering its proximity to West One etc. - bland flats full of bland people with a bland lifestyle and going to bland bars - ther you have it ... so this is "progress" ...

Archived