The Washington

TheWatcher

Right..who's up for a stinkin empty bar with no beer and a rude landlord?

Who wants dark dingy walls covered in 20 year old pictures of past it popstars? Who wants toilets that are a health hazard?

Who enjoys being served by miserable bar staff? Who likes their beer coming out of a rotting cellar? Who likes listening to loud cruddy 80's pap?

Patrick does......maybe his sister doesn't.

Well, it has indeed lost it's eccentric charm with all the old radios and stuff, that I will agree on.

However the place had gone quiet downhill and something did need doing.

The new owners I think have got it about right - it is now much more smart and stylish in terms of decor, however that is balanced by keeping the tradional layout with lots of different cosy corners and multiple rooms.

They also have acknowledges the musical roots and have quite a few different music based events advertised.

Just think of it like Doctor Who when he regenerates after a change of actor...

• 2 weeks later...

This might sound a bit irrelevant but I think the lights in The Washington can be a bit glarey ? If they changed it to downlighting or something more subtle then I think it would improve immensley. More moody and friendly, warm.

Otherwise, I've always liked the Wash and it's eclectic atmosphere.

• 5 years later...

Archived