Story: 'A Simple Thank You letter.'

Falls

Hi Falls,

A nice subtle story there, the formal tone of the letter contrasts nicely with the unspeakable things Ms Smith did to that poor man.

I like this type of story where you have to use your imagination to fill in the blanks, I wouldn’t class my own imagination as particularly vivid but for some reason I now have an overwhelming desire to become a market researcher.

Can’t wait to see what our resident Ms Smith makes of this one, I wonder if they get many market researchers at Stannington. :D

I wonder what he meant about Stannington.. :cool:

Hi Pattricia,

If I had to compose a list of where I thought the "Flesh Pots" of Sheffield were located, I don't think Stannington would be on it.

In my childhood, if you wanted to get to Stannington by public transport you had to take the tram to Malin Bridge. Thats where the Stannington bus started - on the short street that connects the end of Holme Lane with Loxley Road.

It was 1948, perhaps later, before the Stannington bus started running into Sheffield. Before that; the end of the tram routes, like Malin Bridge, were generally considered to be the end of civilization.

Regards

Hi Pattricia,

If I had to compose a list of where I thought the "Flesh Pots" of Sheffield were located, I don't think Stannington would be on it.

In my childhood, if you wanted to get to Stannington by public transport you had to take the tram to Malin Bridge. Thats where the Stannington bus started - on the short street that connects the end of Holme Lane with Loxley Road.

It was 1948, perhaps later, before the Stannington bus started running into Sheffield. Before that; the end of the tram routes, like Malin Bridge, were generally considered to be the end of civilization.

Regards

You wouldnt know it now, Falls.

It has altered so much. For the worse I would say.Its a shame.

Archived